By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What would you do if The Force Awakens is worse than the prequels?

What would you do if The Force Awakens is worse than the prequels?

Cry. 45 13.27%

Not care. 117 34.51%

Get Angry. 36 10.62%

Be Sad. 95 28.02%

See Results. 46 13.57%

Total:339

I did think Super 8 was pretty good and I think that's a better film to judge by because Abrams directed *and* wrote that, whereas the Trek films were written by Orci/Kurtzman who I despise (the Transformers guys).

There's better acting/more natural dialogue in this Super 8 clip than anything in the prequels. These characters feel like real people, not cardboard characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL_6gA_BVtA

If it's as good as Super 8 quality wise ... I'll be very happy, even though Super 8 isn't a perfect film by any means.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I did think Super 8 was pretty good and I think that's a better film to judge by because Abrams directed *and* wrote that, whereas the Trek films were written by Orci/Kurtzman who I despise (the Transformers guys).

There's better acting/more natural dialogue in this Super 8 clip than anything in the prequels. These characters feel like real people, not cardboard characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL_6gA_BVtA

If it's as good as Super 8 quality wise ... I'll be very happy, even though Super 8 isn't a perfect film by any means.

"Production values!"

If Star Wars: Episode VII ends up being "good", I'll be more willing to talk about lore and additional information with friends, family, and coworkers. It will serve as a solid topic of interest among peers. If the film turns out to be received poorly by the general public, the film would serve as a punching bag and help reinforce that the revered Star Wars content has been outweighed by the shit.

I'm expecting Episode VII to be a quality film and Star Wars Battlefront to be a disappointment, which will make some Star Wars discussion among my peers kind of awkward...

mZuzek said:
XanderXT said:
mZuzek said:

What I mean by bringing balance is that he actually balanced it. As you said, there were loads and loads of Jedi and only one known Sith - after Anakin becomes Darth Vader, there are 2 Jedi and 2 Sith.

Not according to the old or new EU.

For all I care the "EU" doesn't even exist.

So?