By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What would you do if The Force Awakens is worse than the prequels?

What would you do if The Force Awakens is worse than the prequels?

Cry. 45 13.27%

Not care. 117 34.51%

Get Angry. 36 10.62%

Be Sad. 95 28.02%

See Results. 46 13.57%

Total:339
KLAMarine said:
Cobretti2 said:
what was so bad about the prequels? i hear lots of people say it but never justify it lol.

Here's the first of a series of videos that explain why The Phantom Menace was bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

I recommend you start there.

That's where I send people...  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

Move on :P

I can see why people disliked episode 1 and 2 but i really liked episode 3 cause it had less cheese and romance and more story and action.

Cobretti2 said:
what was so bad about the prequels? i hear lots of people say it but never justify it lol.

Did you watch it when you were a kid?  If so, it's no surprise you didn't notice.

Go back and watch them again.  There are constant plot holes, the acting/dialogue/pacing sucks, and oh my god nothing anyone does ever makes sense.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

mZuzek said:

I can only agree with the Jar Jar Binks part, and then again that was only ever a problem in The Phantom Menace.

But the one particular part of your post I want to address is the bolded one - you do realize Anakin did bring balance to the force, right?

Very aware of it, but why did the planets of Jedi want to find the person who would bring balance so much... when before Anakin they have such a massive grasp on the universe. I know Vader is eventually the one who chucks Palpatine down into the exhaust shaft of the 2nd Death Star if that is what you mean by bringing balance? but even still, had Vader not done that portion of the fight in Return of the Jedi the Death Star was already well on the way to being destroyed by Lando in the Falcon, he was going to die with or without that intervention.

My point is just that Sith lords were a rumor when the Jedi council wanted to bring balance to the force... at a point when the Jedi had a council.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
ganoncrotch said:

Very aware of it, but why did the planets of Jedi want to find the person who would bring balance so much... when before Anakin they have such a massive grasp on the universe. I know Vader is eventually the one who chucks Palpatine down into the exhaust shaft of the 2nd Death Star if that is what you mean by bringing balance? but even still, had Vader not done that portion of the fight in Return of the Jedi the Death Star was already well on the way to being destroyed by Lando in the Falcon, he was going to die with or without that intervention.

My point is just that Sith lords were a rumor when the Jedi council wanted to bring balance to the force... at a point when the Jedi had a council.

Well ok maybe that doesn't make too much sense at all.

What I mean by bringing balance is that he actually balanced it. As you said, there were loads and loads of Jedi and only one known Sith - after Anakin becomes Darth Vader, there are 2 Jedi and 2 Sith.

Aye, even the younglings.... had to die to balance the force. Would be like Donald Trump going into a ghetto with all his cash and trying to start a rally with the people there for equal distribution of wealth, bad writing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I think honestly you'd almost have to try to make worse movies than Ep. 1 and 2 at least.

Those movies have literally *nothing* going for them outside of lightsaber battles.

The acting is terrible, the story/plot is weak, the characters are dull, the editing meanders all over the place, the "love story" is hilariously awful, the cinematography is dull and static, the "humor" is a trainwreck, and dialogue/writing is terrible. 

Well I guess John Williams' soundtrack for both are good, but that's about it.

If the only thing JJ gets right is better characters/dialogue/acting combined with more tension in the plot, he should surpass the sequels easily. The special effects stuff is going to  take care of itself because the effects we have today are so much better than the OT, so that's not the issue. Once people see a proper Star Wars movie again with those solid storytelling elements back in place ... IMO the prequels will look that much worse, because they won't be able to hide behind the more modern effects/production value (which is really all they have going for them). 

It'll be like a good looking girl who has a terrible personality suddenly put next to an equally or better looking girl with 10x better personality, suddenly you realize how terrible that first girl was. 

Eddie_Raja said:
Cobretti2 said:

Did you watch it when you were a kid?  If so, it's no surprise you didn't notice.

Go back and watch them again.  There are constant plot holes, the acting/dialogue/pacing sucks, and oh my god nothing anyone does ever makes sense.

No I watched them recently and sure they not as good as the originals but I don't think they are that bad that warrant such a backlash for years lol.

To me they no different than a modern movie, lots of cgi and action with a bit of acting. Movies were acting is the most imoprtant element are far and few between, hence why Sean Connery retired lol

Worse than the anal-retentive pedantic prequels?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Cobretti2 said:
Eddie_Raja said:

No I watched them recently and sure they not as good as the originals but I don't think they are that bad that warrant such a backlash for years lol.

To me they no different than a modern movie, lots of cgi and action with a bit of acting. Movies were acting is the most imoprtant element are far and few between, hence why Sean Connery retired lol

It's not even the CGI.  Nothing anyone does makes any sense.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]