By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What would you do if The Force Awakens is worse than the prequels?

What would you do if The Force Awakens is worse than the prequels?

Cry. 45 13.27%

Not care. 117 34.51%

Get Angry. 36 10.62%

Be Sad. 95 28.02%

See Results. 46 13.57%

Total:339

I would go back to the Expanded Universe, and so would a lot of people. I really don't like the fact they retconned the EU, and I also don't like the premise of the movie.

Around the Network

Below cliche posts saying it can't be worse than the prequels.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

what was so bad about the prequels? i hear lots of people say it but never justify it lol.

I would be disappointed in Lucas and Disney, and then go back to not caring because I'm not exactly a Star Wars kind of guy.

bet: lost

I'd think Disney was a POS. You can't make anything worse than episode 2.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

I'd think Disney was a POS. You can't make anything worse than episode 2.

POS? Also, Star Wars: Clone Wars? Upcoming Battlefront?

VGC is weird. I don't understand the heavily negative reactions to Episode VII I've seen around here, nor have I seen any effort to justify them, and they appear to be completely isolated to this site. Every other site, all I see is excitement. Everyone I know personally, every single one of them, has nothing but optimism for the new movie. And if I ask them why they are excited or optimistic, I get good reasons in the form of a logical response, as opposed to the gibberish I hear when people are called out on their skepticism around here.

I don't get it, VGC.

PS the Expanded Universe sucked balls at least 60% of the time. Enjoy Troy Denning's bug orgy again, let me know how it reads the second time through.

XanderXT said:

Clone Wars was part of the Expanded Universe so you're only digging yourself deeper.

the_dengle said:

VGC is weird. I don't understand the heavily negative reactions to Episode VII I've seen around here, nor have I seen any effort to justify them, and they appear to be completely isolated to this site. Every other site, all I see is excitement. Everyone I know personally, every single one of them, has nothing but optimism for the new movie. And if I ask them why they are excited or optimistic, I get good reasons in the form of a logical response, as opposed to the gibberish I hear when people are called out on their skepticism around here.

I don't get it, VGC.

PS the Expanded Universe sucked balls at least 60% of the time. Enjoy Troy Denning's bug orgy again, let me know how it reads the second time through.

XanderXT said:

Clone Wars was part of the Expanded Universe so you're only digging yourself deeper.

The CGI cartoon isn't expanded universe. And do you think I like everything about the EU? NO. I liked the ones like Knights of the Old Republic, Death Troopers, and Bounty Hunter. The Clone Wars is terrible when compared to those. I also don't like the  premise of the new movie, because it seems horrible when compared to the some of the stuff the EU had.

Cobretti2 said:
what was so bad about the prequels? i hear lots of people say it but never justify it lol.

A lot of people says it's bad because of Anakin's actor doing a poor performance. I personally enjoyed the prequels more, but that could be because I'm young. I'm not going to lie, I agree with the OP, don't like the premise of the new film either but we will see how it ends up

Some complain about the lack of info on the new film

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/c-3po-actor-slams-star-wars-secrecy/story-fnk850z8-1227515637191

then others feel like there's enough to hate it

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1