By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US September monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

FIT_Gamer said:
Forza 6 bundle only available from 3rd parties now.

Well that good because it means that it sold well enough.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Not.

Its been consistently outsold by almost every PS4 SKU. It probably means that it had low stock.

jason1637 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

"Well enough" for Microsoft could be 100k or 10million copies as we dont know their expectations of the game.

My guess is that the game flopped. Horribly.

Right now it is at No. 103 on the Amazon Top 100, and the game NEVER cracked the Top 20.

It is almost certain that it will sell less than Forza 5, and it will be the least selling Forza game ever.

sabvre42 said:
jason1637 said:

Not.

Its been consistently outsold by almost every PS4 SKU. It probably means that it had low stock.

Well if its not sold by microsoft and by 3rd parties now it means that it reached expectations in the US so it sold well.

This bundle won't do anything. Bestbuy sales are more than likely still lower than Walmart, Target, and Gamestop, and Microsoft stores are a blip on the radar. The price is $50 above the non sale lowest price, this is not going to do anything. The heading reads like just wait for this to be $349.

Around the Network
Protendo said:

This bundle won't do anything. Bestbuy sales are more than likely still lower than Walmart, Target, and Gamestop, and Microsoft stores are a blip on the radar. The price is $50 above the non sale lowest price, this is not going to do anything. The heading reads like just wait for this to be $349.

Gamestop makes up the plurality of the marketshare followed by Walmart. I don't remember if the retailer in 3rd place is Target or Best Buy, though.

That said, remember when Best Buy had that 40-inch Samsung TV + MCC bundle/AC bundle for $499 in August? The PS4 still outsold the XBO (albeit by a tiny margin). Compared to this deal, the TR bundle is very lackluster.

GribbleGrunger said:

FIRST IS RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER
This holiday, Xbox is offering unmatched value and choice for gamers with a diverse mix of bundles starting at $349. Every day this week, we’re adding new Xbox bundles to our holiday lineup, giving fans more ways to experience the greatest games lineup in Xbox history. 

Man totally dissing their own past platforms. I don't really know Xbox games historically but is it even true?

And I got toally fooled by the $349 mentioned n the first sentence. Cunning...or stupid... of them to leave the actual price to the end?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GribbleGrunger said:

FIRST IS RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER
This holiday, Xbox is offering unmatched value and choice for gamers with a diverse mix of bundles starting at $349. Every day this week, we’re adding new Xbox bundles to our holiday lineup, giving fans more ways to experience the greatest games lineup in Xbox history. Today, we’re pleased to announce the Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle – the ultimate Tomb Raider experience that’s perfect for Tomb Raider fans around the world as well as gamers new to the critically acclaimed survival-action series. The bundle features:

•1TB hard drive, so fans can play and store more games than ever
•Full-game download of the highly anticipated and Holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider
•The exclusive Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, which contains a new outfit and weapon skin for Lara
•Full-game download of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the HD remake of 2013’s critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider

Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautiful and hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality. The Tactical Survivor Pack, available exclusively in the Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One bundle, equips Lara with a new outfit, upgraded abilities and spec-ops tactical gear taken from enemy forces.

The Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle will be available starting in November for $399 USD. Discover the Legend Within only on Xbox this holiday, exclusively available at Microsoft stores and Best Buy in the U.S. and participating retailers in all markets where Xbox One is sold except Canada, China and the UK.

Habilities looked to a version that is exclusive to the bundle??? crazy stuff

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Were is the xbox one fifa bundle?

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

I was on the thread when he was banned so I saw it... and Smeags ban was great, even tough  he isn't Sony centric, but a very fair guy.

I'm already thrilled imagining the numbers after the price point hits 299

Smeags is a great guy.

PS4 price is not going that low this year. Do you mean the XBO?

If you love him so much...why don't you marry him?  BAAMM!  YOU'LL NEVER RECOVER FROM THAT SHIT, YO! 

Teeqoz said:
Hiku said:

I haven't been keeping up with the Amazon topics for a while. But have you guys theorized on why the XB1 Halo 5 Special Edition bundle isn't even in the top 100?

500$ for a console that normally costs 350$.

Pretty sad MS used the Halo 5 bundle to try and rip gamers off with a $150 price hike.  And it doesn't even come with Kinect or a physical copy of the game.  The most that thing should be is $449.  My guess is one of the bundles they are announcing will be a $349 Halo 5 bundle w/ a 500GB HDD.