By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Sony will release another handheld and if so, when, and how can they make it more successful? Drop some possible names for it. :P

Will Sony release another handheld?

Yes 22 9.78%

No 119 52.89%

Maybe 20 8.89%

I hope so 23 10.22%

Only if they recover for ... 8 3.56%

What's the point? 27 12.00%

Now it's the time! Now w... 0 0%

It better be the PSPhone 6 2.67%

Total:225

PSphone

Around the Network
Rafie said:
I love the Vita and it's a phenomenal handheld. Unfortunately I believe that Sony has lost the trust of the public in this department. The way they abandoned the Vita doesn't give gamers much hope for a successor and frankly....they wouldn't trust Sony to make one again. That being said they should just continue to let 3rd party support them until the wheels fall off and never do handhelds again.

I agree with this 100%

I thought the Vita had great potential to one of the best handhelds ever made. 

Nope, the Vita will be their last handheld. The handheld market is dying anyways and Sony will always struggle to compete against Nintendo.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I doubt it. The market has shifted too much and Sony didn't give the Vita much of a chance. They are better off using those extra resources on the ps4.

It's too bad because I absolutely love my vita. Hoping it continues to get indie support for the next little bit.

Spam bot removed

Around the Network

Nope they will leave it to Ninty. Ninty will ofcourse put all of their resources into growing the mobile market, just like what Sony is trying to do with home consoles in Japan.

And what would exactly be the point of another Sony handheld? It would probably sell even worse than the Vita!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't care how poorly a Sony handheld would perform, what matters is that there should be competition to Nintendo handhelds other than phones.

That, and I'm thinking of ditching consoles, since my TV might get fried again.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

PSVita failed but PSP sold well so why wouldn't try a third time,i remember people saying PS4 would sell even less then PS3 because PS3 sold bad compared to PS2 and PS4 look what happened now.
Nintendo after GC or Virtual boy didn't stop making consoles so why Sony would stop just after 1 failure

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

They will release one only for streaming stuff

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS