By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Sony will release another handheld and if so, when, and how can they make it more successful? Drop some possible names for it. :P

Will Sony release another handheld?

Yes 22 9.78%

No 119 52.89%

Maybe 20 8.89%

I hope so 23 10.22%

Only if they recover for ... 8 3.56%

What's the point? 27 12.00%

Now it's the time! Now w... 0 0%

It better be the PSPhone 6 2.67%

Total:225

I know a lot of people think Sony will not release another handheld, but I honestly think they will. They're "dumb enough" to do it again (and I don't mean dumb in a mean way). The Vita is a EXCELLENT hardware device, but the PS4 completely stole the thunder away from it. I believe it'll be awhile before we see another handheld, but this time they'll release it at a better time.

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
Lawlight said:

Everything so far like what? Based on rumours, their next "handheld" will just play NX games. Instead of making exclusive games to that handheld, it'll get the same games as the NX. And that is something that I've always said will happen as Nitendo cannot support 2 systems at a time, especially when one is HD.

Wow you are trying so hard here. The handheld will play NX games? What? Are you actually trying to pitch Ninty will just port home console games to a handheld? It is obviously the other way around lol but keep trying. If NX isn't both(portable and home) then its a handheld and a home console will receive ports from it.

So, you're same that Nintendo will just port handheld games to their home console? Sounds about right. Point remains that they can't support 2 systems with different games.

Lawlight said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Wow you are trying so hard here. The handheld will play NX games? What? Are you actually trying to pitch Ninty will just port home console games to a handheld? It is obviously the other way around lol but keep trying. If NX isn't both(portable and home) then its a handheld and a home console will receive ports from it.

So, you're same that Nintendo will just port handheld games to their home console? Sounds about right. Point remains that they can't support 2 systems with different games.

Ofcourse Ninty can't, who can?

Imo only an Xperia Play 2 would make sense. Just release exclusives for that handset and call it a day.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Wagram said:
I know a lot of people think Sony will not release another handheld, but I honestly think they will. They're "dumb enough" to do it again (and I don't mean dumb in a mean way). The Vita is a EXCELLENT hardware device, but the PS4 completely stole the thunder away from it. I believe it'll be awhile before we see another handheld, but this time they'll release it at a better time.

I guess, but in your opinion what could they even do to make it a worthwile device?  Nintendo has the cheap handheld market cornered, and a more expensive one is useless against smartphones.

Around the Network

I HOPE NOT!!!

P.D. I have the Vita.

Lawlight said:
Nintyfan90 said:
Lawlight said:
Handhelds are done. Even Nintendo who survived for generations on handhelds will not be making handheld exclusives anymore.

Yet everything so far at Ninty looks to be the exact opposite. It won't be long until new 3D Zelda games, Splatoon, and Mario Maker join their handheld side.

Everything so far like what? Based on rumours, their next "handheld" will just play NX games. Instead of making exclusive games to that handheld, it'll get the same games as the NX. And that is something that I've always said will happen as Nitendo cannot support 2 systems at a time, especially when one is HD.

+1.  Nintendo needs to support 1 console catalog.