By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker - Metacritic: 89

Luke888 said:
Mbolibombo said:
Game Reactor has released their reviews as well, I thought they were "big enough" for Metacritic but I guess they arent. Still.. here they are.

GR Sweden - 10/10
GR Germany - 10/10
GR Norway - 10/10
GR Finland - 9/10
GR Italy - 8/10

-.- damn italian countryman why did they have to give it an 8 ? the game lacks of some content, but there's already enough content in it to make endless games...

they hate their plumbers i guess. :D

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
gabzjmm23 said:
84 for me, +5 from metacritic at the moment, i know some would lower the scores and i saw one already with a 70. haven't read their full review though on why it is 70.

It's pretty poorly written. It starts with "I don't like level editors" or something along that line. He also hasn't uploaded any levels, so he probably didn't create a lot of things. Complains about irrelevant things as "only being able to make Mario levels (it's called Mario Maker for a reason you know)" and the 9-day unlock system (just change your internal clock if it bothers you). Contradicts himself when he says you can only play as Mario to later say amiibo unlocks costumes.

thanks. we would see if that is the only 'yellow' rating that we would see in metacritic.  this type of reviews which they don't like level editors genre is already a negative journalism, so why would they give it to someone who doesn't like level editors, of course, they won't like the game to begin with.

i still think mid-80s is a fair enough rating.  i don't know the full content and couldn't find any.  but are there any information on what are the missing enemies from SMM? like the american footballer enemy in SMW?  are there any tank levels like in SMB3?

gabzjmm23 said:
Luke888 said:

-.- damn italian countryman why did they have to give it an 8 ? the game lacks of some content, but there's already enough content in it to make endless games...

I mean, it's stereotypical towards us, but I don't really know how much that affected the review, I'm more of the opinion that some Fifa/Assassin's Creed player reviewed it :/ 

Luke888 said:
gabzjmm23 said:

I mean, it's stereotypical towards us, but I don't really know how much that affected the review, I'm more of the opinion that some Fifa/Assassin's Creed player reviewed it :/ 

Mama Mia, did you just call Mario stereotypical? I'll report you after I'm done eating my spaghetti! You are a filthy goombah and will go to jail for this! Wahoo!

IGN review on youtube

Around the Network

Samus Aran said:

Mama Mia, did you just call Mario stereotypical? I'll report you after I'm done eating my spaghetti! You are a filthy goombah and will go to jail for this! Wahoo!

what has happend to you ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Blob said:

I'm struggling to comprehend how you review a game thats purpose is too make games... Or at least how ion earth you can give it a numerical score when the majority of the content you'd want to try doesn't exist yet.

According to the review that gave it a 7 the only reason to want the game is to make the levels, not actually play other creations.

Of course, that thought process might be why he was ok with giving it a 7.

Well I predicted 78, so that is a pretty good guess, only 11 points off.

.....now you see the problem.....

;)

lol, anyhow, still I'm glad. As a Wii U owner I'd love to see them shift some units.

spurgeonryan said:
Well that settles it. 9.3 average.

I predicted 91.

the lack of zombies in this game is really going to make it have a hard time breaking through that 90 barrier. at least with the american reviewers