By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker - Metacritic: 89

Better than expected. I predicted 87.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Can someone explain to me why the 8 scores are faulting the game? I know it is based off each critics personal enjoyment, but is there some technical reason? Any good reason at all to sort of bash the games meta score?

Interesting that you use bash and a score of 8 in the same post.

That said, people are mentioning things like not having checkpoints and lack of filtering options as downsides.

Dropped to 88

EDIT

On the front page says 88, but when you click the game it says 89. Weird!

33 Reviews already and still 89, awesome.

8 is still a good score guys... That's why I hate metacritic, people consider an 8/10 a troll review already.

Around the Network

Go to 91 please!Thats what i predicted!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I predicted a 90, so I was pretty much right, only one point off ^^

I can sense that 90 average incoming.

Munchies said:
I can sense that 90 average incoming.

It is really important though? Maybe for future list wars about +90 games? Because I don´t care, an 89 is just like a 90 to me, and above expectations even when the expectations were already high.

spurgeonryan said:
Neodegenerate said:

Interesting that you use bash and a score of 8 in the same post.

That said, people are mentioning things like not having checkpoints and lack of filtering options as downsides.

So they drop it twenty points!!! Bash.

You do know that starting at 100 points and deducting from there is only one of many ways to form a review correct?  Some people might start at 5 (expecting average) and reduce for some things and increase for others.  Some people might also just say "that game was great, but certainly not the greatest game I ever played" and assign a number based on that logic.