By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Christians left homeless due to devastating flooding in Pakistan were told by Muslim charities: convert to Islam or become bonded servants.

There is so much not right in this world...

Around the Network

They could become interlopers!

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Not only are religious relations generally tense between different groups in that part of the world (seriously tense in some cases), Pakistan is one of the most populous Muslim countries with nearly its entire population being Muslim. Unfortunately, these are the kinds of situations that arise when there is an intolerant majority, especially when they vastly outnumber any of the minorities to a point where no minority can realistically make anything resembling waves.

Real shame.

Pretty shitty and contemptible if true. But so far I've only seen these allegations reported in Christian and right-wing anti-Islam media, i.e. people with an agenda. So I am sceptical of the veracity of these claims. It's interesting that Fox News hasn't seemed to have jumped on this yet. You'd think if there was reasonable substance to this story then the Christian right's media mouthpiece would be all over this. Though perhaps in this case Fox might be in a bit of a bind because their militaristic leanings sees Pakistan as an important nominal ally and so pissing them off with stories of Christian persecution is not the stick they want to try to beat Obama with. Perhaps they'd rather stay on message with Iran and nukes as that is more fertile ground and there's no down-side to demonising Iran.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Why not pray god to make everything back to normal?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

spurgeonryan said:
Pile on the persecution! First world countries, and now non-Christian religions are persecuting us.

I am afraid you may be confusing a movement of backing off Christiany from places where it intrudes with persecution.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

If I were stuck in one of these hell hole countries, I'd simply save up money and flee to a western place (US, Australia, UK etc.)

I've never understood why anyone would want to live in places that don't worth for them.

spurgeonryan said:
Pile on the persecution! First world countries, and now non-Christian religions are persecuting us.

Urghhhh you're confusing growth of secularism and other beliefs, and sepertion of God and state, something Jesus nor his disciples and followers for like the first 3 centuries were never really interested in

christains arent persecuted in 1st world, sure socffed at , but reduced rights caause of their beliefs LOOOL

people are dicks everyhwhere , there kind muslims and kind christains , thir dickhead muslims and dickhead christains

where i am from christains will beat then burn a man in a tire for stealing sop then proceed to head to church after , alot of white christains in america wear they're christains but are racist as hell

meh sob story of christains in 1st world countries is something I find hilarious as a christain

AlfredoTurkey said:

If I were stuck in one of these hell hole countries, I'd simply save up money and flee to a western place (US, Australia, UK etc.)

I've never understood why anyone would want to live in places that don't worth for them.

not that easy man