By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker TV Commercial

Those are some awesome TV commercials! If only we had ads this well-done back in 2012 and 2013!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Spam bot removed

first time i saw that UK commercial. really creative and neat concept. glad they are marketing it properly. hope all nintendo games would be marketed properly but i guess SMM is part of that tier 1 since it is Mario. hope other games like XCX would get that marketing hype from Nintendo as well

OT: both videos are cool, the dad and son concept is really awesome. and I believe there is a similar thread created about SMM commercials. that UK one is really great, a touch of a working culture with the creative design of creating a mario level.

It's sad to say but since Iwata died Nintendo didn't do even one bad commercial :/

gabzjmm23 said:
first time i saw that UK commercial. really creative and neat concept. glad they are marketing it properly. hope all nintendo games would be marketed properly but i guess SMM is part of that tier 1 since it is Mario. hope other games like XCX would get that marketing hype from Nintendo as well

OT: both videos are cool, the dad and son concept is really awesome. and I believe there is a similar thread created about SMM commercials. that UK one is really great, a touch of a working culture with the creative design of creating a mario level.

So much this! ^ Star Fox & Xenoblade would perform so much better in the holiday season if they get commercials with the same level of imagination and dedication as Super Mario Maker!

And I also would've liked it if the mom joined up with them and was like "Let me show you boys how it's done." And she switches to Mario 3 or Mario World and blows right through the level her son created!

Around the Network

These SMM commercials are genuinely good.

Can't wait for the game to come out!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It's an ok ad.

Nintendo's Japanese ads are still much better and more natural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQNQBkHwZTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuyXtBrPri8

I don't understand why Nintendo thinks it's a good idea to characterize gaming as something primarily for kids/young teens in the US.

In their Japanese advertising they always use adults and treat gaming as a very normal type of thing, in the US marketing they treat gaming like it's still 1989 and everything is made for kids.

Maybe because that's their main demographic that they try to target?

And I still think the US and UK commercials are a lot better. The Japanese ones just look boring.

Goodnightmoon said:

Here you have another one 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtr-fyRlRV0

This one is very cool.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile