By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo slated to announce shovel knight coming to Smash at PAX!

I would buy a Shovel Knight Amiibo

Around the Network

I would like the character, but the amiibo is fake. I know the artist that drew the "amiibo". http://img10.deviantart.net/3842/i/2015/069/9/c/shovel_knight_smashified__transparent__by_hextupleyoodot-d8l6k0k.png

Areal-Llort said:
I would like the character, but the amiibo is fake. I know the artist that drew the "amiibo". http://img10.deviantart.net/3842/i/2015/069/9/c/shovel_knight_smashified__transparent__by_hextupleyoodot-d8l6k0k.png

Counterproposal: the amiibo is real, but the retailer used an internet mockup as a placeholder of the real thing.

Did I just blow your mind?

It would be very interesting to see an indie character in Smash, but it simply doesn't seem likely to me.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Shovel knight is a fine choice, but I would much rather have a different character. Shovel Knight has 1 game (albeit a good one), while there are other indie characters with much more of a legacy and a storied Nintendo history, Such as Commander Video or Shantae (does Shantae count as Indie?). I like to give certain characters time to see if they are memorable, or whether they fade into obscurity, and shovel knight in my opinion hasn't had that time yet.

But if he's announced, I'll still be intrigued

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Around the Network

Still on the fence for Shovel Knight being in Smash..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

AZWification said:

It would be very interesting to see an indie character in Smash, but it simply doesn't seem likely to me.. :/

yeah, and if any indie character should be in, imo should be shantae.

I would rather see other characters in Smash, tbh. I feel like Shovel Knight hasn't quite earned his stripes yet.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I must be the only one who does NOT want Shovel Knight in Smash, but I wouldn't be against his inclusion if he made it in.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

More characters are always welcome