By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn Time Lapse of Open World video

I'm not going to get carried away yet, because I think Killzone was an above average series, but nothing more. The first gameplay looked great. The world and machines looked fantastic, the combat looked fun and was deeper than just shooting something until it ran out of health. and the story sounded like it had potential.

Definitely one of my most anticipated games, but I want to see more.

Around the Network
Tonidolare said:
Gameplay, art, sound and graphics by Guerrilla,
Story and characters by Fallout New Vegas' writer,
Quest system by Witcher 3 developers.......
HYYYYPPPEEEDD!
I just wish they added the ability to jump to these creatures and kill them by blowing their head up with a spear.

Well you can jump on everything else in the environment, that element of gameplay hasn't been ruled out from what I've read or heard Guerrilla talk about.

A lot of thought has gone into what logically works for this game, which is why it's taken so long until Guerrilla announced it, perhaps that is something we'll see in a future gameplay trailer or stage showing of the game.

Personally I hope that you can tame these beasts and have one as your buddy to ride around the environment on.

I hope that kind of gameplay is all in there and I think it probably will be, as it adds so much to what's possible and how believable this game is. Imagine if there's a heard close to each other and you can jump from beast to beast, climb up those huge long necks and ride on their satellite dishes seeing a huge view of the vistas as you plan to jump on a Storm Bringer to then strike at an enemy camp that has wronged a member of your tribe.

Maybe tribal wars can happen in the game and you can train machines to take on those enemy tribes.

The sheer potential of this game, outside of the stealth and finding out who created the machines is massive.

Just the speculation on this stuff has me excited, the potential seems to be nigh on endless with this game.

"How big is your hype for the game?"

I have anti-hype actually, but everyone who visits Horizon threads already knows that - very poor choice of setting Sony for your first in-house WRPG, though I think it would be hard to call it that given "we're in between Assassin's Creed and Skyrim" comments by dev.

@Nuvendil - Actually, even much longer, all those features are pretty common in open-world RPGs for last 15-20 years.

Just change the damned name of the game, it's not too late. You can always say it was a working title.

Also, nice as some of these features are, what's important is good gameplay and compelling story and characters. So I can't be hyped over dynamic sky unless I can also be hyped about the actual game I'm maybe going to play.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

JustBeingReal said:
Tonidolare said:
Gameplay, art, sound and graphics by Guerrilla,
Story and characters by Fallout New Vegas' writer,
Quest system by Witcher 3 developers.......
HYYYYPPPEEEDD!
I just wish they added the ability to jump to these creatures and kill them by blowing their head up with a spear.

Well you can jump on everything else in the environment, that element of gameplay hasn't been ruled out from what I've read or heard Guerrilla talk about.

A lot of thought has gone into what logically works for this game, which is why it's taken so long until Guerrilla announced it, perhaps that is something we'll see in a future gameplay trailer or stage showing of the game.

Personally I hope that you can tame these beasts and have one as your buddy to ride around the environment on.

I hope that kind of gameplay is all in there and I think it probably will be, as it adds so much to what's possible and how believable this game is. Imagine if there's a heard close to each other and you can jump from beast to beast, climb up those huge long necks and ride on their satellite dishes seeing a huge view of the vistas as you plan to jump on a Storm Bringer to then strike at an enemy camp that has wronged a member of your tribe.

Maybe tribal wars can happen in the game and you can train machines to take on those enemy tribes.

The sheer potential of this game, outside of the stealth and finding out who created the machines is massive.

Just the speculation on this stuff has me excited, the potential seems to be nigh on endless with this game.

It didn't even come to my mind, great idea!

Around the Network
JNK said:
Uhm im not really hyped. Its nothing that impresses me scince its nothin new. We already got Witcher 3 as a big beatifull open world game with day/night cycle.
Also the game looks alot like assassins creed to me (assassins creed III), which i didnt liked.

So not hyped yet, no

Huh?

Ooh crepuscular moon rays, sold!
Looks good so far, I hope they don't add some heavy dof effect or temporal anti aliasing that blurs the background in the final game. But erm why are there so many dawns in zero dawn.

This seems like a game that looks great but plays poorly. We'll see how it turns out.

Tonidolare said:
JustBeingReal said:

It didn't even come to my mind, great idea!

It would be so cool to be able to fly a Storm Bringer or ride a ThunderJaw.

I think there have been articles or people that saw behind closed doors footage of The Market" saying that some trader NPC had a dog like machine as a pet, so maybe it's possible to have a Pooch as a buddy ala Fallout 4 or Call of Duty Ghosts.

Imagine if you can eventually build your own machine & craft a horse, Mastadon or a huge Cat like creature.

I have to wonder whether there will be underwater beasties, like a Whale, Shark or even a Dino like Loch Ness style creature.

I doubt we've seen all of the machine's forms and I have to think that there are going to be differences depending on the kinds of environments there are within this world..

Cheers. :)

Bristow9091 said:
JNK said:
Uhm im not really hyped. Its nothing that impresses me scince its nothin new. We already got Witcher 3 as a big beatifull open world game with day/night cycle.
Also the game looks alot like assassins creed to me (assassins creed III), which i didnt liked.

So not hyped yet, no

... Eh?

Please explain how this looks anything like Assassin's Creed III o.O

The gameplay and look is just similar.

As i watched the gameplay at e3 it reminds me of assassins creed 3, fight system, graphics style, movement...

That she prol automatically duck when into bushes. The gameplay lookes alot like "scripted". So like you just press A oder whatever and she auto kill the enemy (smaller robot in the e3 gameplay), looked for me like assassins creed auto kill move.

for me both game just look very similar in many apsects, but maybe thats just me...