By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn Time Lapse of Open World video

•Since this is a living real world, we simulate the spinning of the earth by having a time of day cycle.
Wow, such innovation. I'm hyped for the game, but that's one of the stupidest things he could have said to promote his game. This shit has been done in just about every open world game since OoT.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
•Since this is a living real world, we simulate the spinning of the earth by having a time of day cycle.
Wow, such innovation. I'm hyped for the game, but that's one of the stupidest things he could have said to promote his game. This shit has been done in just about every open world game since OoT.

I lol'd at that line as well. It's like "Instead of just saying we have a day and night cycle, we're gonna say we're simulating the earth's rotation!" lmao

Samus Aran said:

No no no, other games have the sun moving around, GG simulates the entire earth spinning around. That's a huge difference! Move 1 sun bitmap or move EVERYTHING but the one bitmap. True gods there.

this game is like a dream come true to me, it just took a bunch of stuff that i love (Dinosaurs, Robots, Action RPG type of combat, incredibly inmersive open world, female protagonist, all the RPG and hunting elements) and mixed it all toghether, and what came out was one of the most promising looking games i have seen in years, this looks like it could seriously be one of the best games this gen.

About the same as Infinity Ward's CoD for 2016.

Around the Network

This game is one of the main reasons I'll be getting a PS4, so I think it's safe to say I'm pretty hyped.

The fact that the cover art is hand-drawn and not the usual CGI face of the main character looking back at you makes his game feel very special, hopefully the game delivers everything it promised and thensome.

I'm now filled with determination.

I am so pumped for this game! I want to see more!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Teeqoz said:
Samus Aran said:

I lol'd at that line as well. It's like "Instead of just saying we have a day and night cycle, we're gonna say we're simulating the earth's rotation!" lmao

I'm being reminded of of a certain CODfish...

...I fucking hate myself.

I'm now filled with determination.

Samus Aran said:

...as well as before OoT - off the top of my head TES: Arena and TES: Daggerfall, as well as Might & Magic come to mind.