By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Until Dawn...new franchise or what?

Wright said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Exactly, I don´t see something like Until Dawn 2 but other game with the same concept and marketed as " By the creators of Until Dawn" or something like that. 

Your comment reminded me of this, for some reason:

Lol that´s a good one XD

Around the Network
Wright said:

New franchise? Let this game enjoy some sales success first. Even then, this is the kind of game that deserves spiritual sequels more like a continuation of a franchise.

You can still continue this as a franchise even with a completely new plot and new characters.

Funny how people were bashing it and are now interested because it is getting good reviews.People doubted this game before even playing it and reviews are irrelevant as I have been saying since they re-announced it that it would be a fun game,which is all that matters.Now haters can't claim the game is bad even though they have not played it due to irrelevant reviews.

With that out of the way.Yes, this could be a franchise or spiritual successor as mentioned.The game will easily sell over 1 million units as it has an appeal to a large number of people who like the movies it is based off and it is well designed.

DerNebel said:
Wright said:

New franchise? Let this game enjoy some sales success first. Even then, this is the kind of game that deserves spiritual sequels more like a continuation of a franchise.

You can still continue this as a franchise even with a completely new plot and new characters.

Call it "Prior to Sunrise" and blam, there's your spiritual sequel!

Abun said:
Funny how people were bashing it and are now interested because it is getting good reviews.People doubted this game before even playing it and reviews are irrelevant as I have been saying since they re-announced it that it would be a fun game,which is all that matters.Now haters can't claim the game is bad even though they have not played it due to irrelevant reviews.

With that out of the way.Yes, this could be a franchise or spiritual successor as mentioned.The game will easily sell over 1 million units as it has an appeal to a large number of people who like the movies it is based off and it is well designed.

I seriously hope you aren't talking about me here.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Abun said:

I seriously hope you aren't talking about me here.

I am talking about people who rely on reviews to tell them what to play.I don't even know who you are.

Why are you so sure about a sequel? Did the ending promise it? Unless the ending is made that way or you mean spiritual successor I cannot see a sequel.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Maybe it could have a sequel but I'm not expecting it to pass 1m in sales.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'll wait until I actually play it before I give my take. It could be like Heavy Rain. A great game but totally self contained.

Abun said:

Wanna bet it won't pass a million by years end since you said it would be easy?