By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Review Thread - MC: 93/ GR: 91.59%

Tagged games:

It is close to 96 again.

37. 96 Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2) User: 8.7 Nov 12, 2001
38. 96 Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (XBOX) User: 8.2 Oct 31, 2003
39. 95 Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (PC) User: 9.3 Sep 24, 2000
40. 95 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) User: 8.9 Oct 26, 2004
41. 95 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) User: 8.7 Oct 27, 2002
42. 95 LittleBigPlanet (PS3) User: 6.7 Oct 27, 2008
43. 95 The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (GC) User: 8.9 Nov 17, 2003
44. 95 Red Dead Redemption (PS3) User: 8.8 May 18, 2010
45. 95 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4) User: tbd Sep 1, 2015
46. 95 Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2) User: 8.5 Jul 9, 2001

Go go Metal Gear!!!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

It is close to 96 again.

37. 96 Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2) User: 8.7 Nov 12, 2001

45. 95 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4) User: tbd Sep 1, 2015

Huh. Metal Gear Solid 2 is having some fierce competition right now. I'm curious to see if V will reign on top when every review is in!

Heavy Gear Solid V :The Phantom Menace Review - (Up Down Up Down Left Right Left Right Circle / X)

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

You can buy the game in stores around the world today if you got lucky.

It broke the street date.

My long-standing review site for MGS games (www.4players.de) is probably going to rate it an 78-84% in their near finished review, eventhough it's a different editor than the one I always trusted in, it's making me a bit disappointed. It'll probably affect the score.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Panicradio said:
My long-standing review site for MGS games (www.4players.de) is probably going to rate it an 78-84% in their near finished review, eventhough it's a different editor than the one I always trusted in, it's making me a bit disappointed. It'll probably affect the score.

How do you know the range of the score?

"Long-standing", as in, they've been reading reviews from the site for quite awhile and know what to expect from the review staff. Granted, it isn't as if a reviewer doesn't periodically throw a curveball that no regular readers were expecting, but it sounds like this particular site can be a bit critical.

@BraLoD

They were mentioning the score to be settled in that range.

@LuckyTrouble

They certainly are critical and well known / hated for it. I would have just loved to see the verdict of the editor who used to review MGS games, as I always felt he's playing (and feeling) the MGS series the way they are meant to be played (despite all the flaws, they voted MGS4 as the game of the year back then). So, seeing all these great scores all around the world and then have "my" site calling MGS5 "a big disappointment" in their very first sentence of the verdict just swept away my excitment a bit.

BraLoD said:
And today as well

Seems like the early reviews already came, will have to expect until September 1st for more

It seems that way. But Polygon made this review yesterday not on Metacritic yet.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/27/9207599/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-review-ps4-xbox-one-PC

soooooo.......

Never played MGS. Well I played a little of 1 and 4 but did not get into it.

Will I be able to jump into this one? In the past I hated stealth games but the past 2-3 years I have started to get decently good at them.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
soooooo.......

Never played MGS. Well I played a little of 1 and 4 but did not get into it.

Will I be able to jump into this one? In the past I hated stealth games but the past 2-3 years I have started to get decently good at them.

Well, you can kill everyone if you want. If there's no one alive, no one can ring the alarm!