By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Review Thread - MC: 93/ GR: 91.59%

Tagged games:

Wright said:

After pouring 139 hours into the game and platinum'ing it, I can safely say this game is more akin to a 8'5 - 9 than a 9'5 - 10.

you say it because you played it too much, 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Samus Aran said:
BraLoD said:

It's a great experience. Deserves its high score.

It's a game from 2012. And it's 2 hours long (quite expensive for what it is).

I don't see your point (the one you are trying to make, the actual one is quite obvious).

The game is what it was and the price does not affect it quality.
It was never praised for cutting edge technology but for the experience, and it's the very same thing now as it was when it released.

So why did GoW 3: R and NDC get lower scores then? Those games actually got sizeable  improvements.

The point I'm trying to make is that you put far too much stock in metacritic.

Ruler said:
Wright said:

After pouring 139 hours into the game and platinum'ing it, I can safely say this game is more akin to a 8'5 - 9 than a 9'5 - 10.

you say it because you played it too much, 

That doesn't matter. I've played too much Dead Rising  - probably over 200 hours - and it's still one of my favourite games ever, even with the flaws. Thing is, the flaws are present from the very beginning, and if you can overlook them, then you can enjoy the game. Phantom Pain's flaws aren't evident, but the more you play, the more you notice them.

This is actually the best MGS in terms of gameplay.

Level Design... Lacking though. Their needs to be more boss fights that require certain techniques.

Story though. Holy shit. They took out a lot or rather they weren't included in the game. This game was pushing too much Cipher in the dialogue, the only remote thing that has anything to do with Cipher is the last part of the footage from Mission 51.