By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Review Thread - MC: 93/ GR: 91.59%

Tagged games:

Washintong Post reviews didn't have score...

Meta pulled that 80/100 from theirs asses.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
ethomaz said:
Washintong Post reviews didn't have score...

Meta pulled that 80/100 from theirs asses.

If this is true then they have to take it off.

I remember they refused to give Bloodborne a 10 for Eurogamer highest scoring, and didn't considered it.

Well it is possible that Washington Post sends them scores to maintain their Metacritic status.  Likely even, since Meta is a hub for game review traffic. 

BraLoD said:
Nuvendil said:

Well it is possible that Washington Post sends them scores to maintain their Metacritic status.  Likely even, since Meta is a hub for game review traffic. 

If they do have a score, they should put it in their review to avoid trouble.

Didn't say it was ethical or inteligent :P

BraLoD said:
Got a 100 from gameblog.fr
Up to 95 as result.

Damn, MGS2 is at risk again! :P

Hugely disappointed with the reviews - most of them mention the cutscenes being an afterthought with the gameplay sections taking a much larger focus. I thought MGS3 had already pushed the gameplay sections too long and now MGS5 will not only elongate the gameplay far longer, but it will reduce the cutscenes and storytelling a lot more. Not only that but it's now joining the list of gimmicky games relying on audio logs for much of its storytelling, a mechanic that almost never makes real world sense for delivering a story. Hugely disappointing change of direction for a long time fan after so many years of waiting.

Around the Network

glad it got great ratings especially the dev cost of the game was reported high. hope Konami would profit a lot from this game.
nice swan song game for Kojima as well.

Tomorrow will be available at stores here ... The hype is real.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Wait... early launch?

Or are you talking only about Qatar?

ethomaz said:

Wait... early launch?

Or are you talking only about Qatar?

Just the typical "break the official release day" of stores in Qatar :P 

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

I can also probably buy the game tomorrow. I'm very busy with university, but I don't think I can resist.