By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 "Platform" Exclusives

Is this a flamebait thread or is it serious?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

Console wars is serious business, especially on this site.

Mr Puggsly said:

If PC games aren't gonna be on the list then neither should PS3/Vita ports.

MS's home console is handicapped due to MS also having a mega popular PC OS.

This thread may be more of what you're looking for then.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207094&page=1

Though, as a question to you and eveyrone else you thinks I should be adding PC games, how would you define and exclusive?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Though, as a question to you and eveyrone else you thinks I should be adding PC games, how would you define and exclusive?

If its gonna be a list of true exclusives. Then it should be games that don't exist on other platforms in any way. i'd argue Halo:MCC and Gears Ultimate wouldn't belong on the list either because they're mostly recycled content.

If you exclude PC, then PS3/Vita games shouldn't be on the list either. Its just common sense.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

StokedUp said:

This is literally just a list of "platform" exclusives. I'm going to keep up with it whether it's active or not, it's a reference.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If its gonna be a list of true exclusives. Then it should be games that don't exist on other platforms in any way. i'd argue Halo:MCC and Gears Ultimate wouldn't belong on the list either because they're mostly recycled content.

If you exclude PC, then PS3/Vita games shouldn't be on the list either. Its just common sense.

The threat I linked you is exactly that. Only games that are only on the PS4, or Xbox One. It's my prefered list honestly but I had people asking for one what was for Platform exclusives and it was easy enough to do.

What you're asking for is a console exclusive thread. Which I'm not too fond of to be honest, because you could have never owned or used a Playstation or Xbox and still play like 2/3rds of those games.

Plus it would be a huge pain in the ass. I'd have to add like 150 games just to the PS4 list.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Bandorr said:

This list specifically says "platform exclusive". Playstation 3 and Playstation vita are obviously part of the Playstation brand.

PC is a melting pot of systems. It isn't exclusive to any one brand - thus is not considered any brand.

Note that Dragon Quest Heroes, One-piece warriors 3, and Tales of Zestiria are not on the list. That's because they also came out on the PC.

I genuinely don't see why that's so hard to grasp...

I also don't get the argument that because MS brings games to PC, they should count as Xbox exclusives. If MS chooses to bring their games to other platforms, then they're going to have less exclusive games for their hardware. The same would be true if Sony brought more games to PC (note that I removed Helldivers because it's coming to PC).

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Update! Added Amplitude to the PS4 list and adjusted the numbers to reflect this addition.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Huge update! Added 9 games to the PS4 list and 2 games to the Xbox One list and changed the scores and totals to reflect the update.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
StokedUp said:

This is literally just a list of "platform" exclusives. I'm going to keep up with it whether it's active or not, it's a reference.

It's cool if you want to keep the op updated for personal reasons or whatever but pretty much the only person making new posts in this thread is you. Maybe the other exclusive threads will get a reaction but it seems like this one has run is course.