By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One *True* Exclusive comparison

Normchacho said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Normchacho said:
Ka-pi96 said:
d21lewis said:
I am an anamoly. I own more ps4 exclusives but I prefer the Xbox One. Crazy.

That's not really strange. I'm mostly the same.

Xbox = multiplat machine

PS4 = exclusive machine

You buy your multiplats on the Xbox? May I ask why?

Because I want to play the version that I personally consider to be superior

By what metric? A vast majority multiplats thus far have looked/run better on the PS4.

I pick and choose, too.  Some multi-plats like Batman, Tomb Raider DE and Evil Within, I got on PS4.  Others like RE Revelations 2 and WWE, I got for Xbox One.  A lot of factors go into the decisions.  Unless a game is noticeably better, There's no wrong choice.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
Normchacho said:

Are you sure? I know Brawl is, but not Basement Crawl.

xD I'm just messing, was seeing if you'd actually remove it due to its 27 lol.

Hahaha oooh ok :P Yeah, now that you mention it...I do remeber seeing it on the Ouya ;)

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Azzanation said:
Michelasso said:

How to compare potatoes with tomatoes. 67 vs 62 is the comparison of the average Metacritic scores. What is more relevant in this thread''s table is that the PS4 has 11 retail (pure) exclusives, the XBone only 5. Plus 8 digital exclusives each. So 11 to 5 for AAA, 19 to 13 total. Then if we consider all games available for other systems (thus for PC included) but not the competitor, the PS4 wins hands down. And that's what is to me the most relevant number, because the many people that do not intend to buy more than one system per generation do not care if a game is for another system as well, they care if a particular game is NOT for the other console. In other words games like Titanfall or Ryse have to be considered Xbox games on this comparison, while FF XIV: ARR or No Man's Sky are to be considered PS4 games.

You can derail this as much as you like, but they are the Xbox fanboys yelling around that the PS4 has no games. While it's true the opposite, making it quite annoying and hence threads like this come out to debunk them.

Your getting confused with PS4 has no Blockbusters, thats the way the media has turned it, not games. PS4 has games, so does every other system on the market, PS4 also has alot more PC ports and indies which makes its library bigger however there are games,. Exclusive games and then you have Blockbusters which in 2015 PS4 has had 1 where as XB1 has 4 coming out this holiday.

I will never doubt the games on PS4 but when i read posts like yours, you clearly dont understand the difference between exclusives (which doesnt always mean good) and Blockbusters which are must have games from famous franchises. I am not here to pin point better systems but i will say those claiming PS4 has games, sure your right, those saying PS4 has better games is all in your opinion. I will always choose a Blockbuster over 5 exclusives. Thats just me. You might be different.

Dont blame the fans, blame the media, if your going to hate Xbox fans for saying PS4 has no games then you should hate PS fans for claiming Cloud computing is a joke. Every side has its delusional fanboys, but its what feeds them which is the problem.

I know the XB1 has Halo, Forza and Tomb Raider but what is the 4th? Are you talking about the Gears collection? And I have to ask though what if one or all of those fail to be blocbusters? I don't think Forza or Halo will bomb but hey anything can happen. Also yeah all of this is indeed opinion on who has better games. It just all boils down to the games you like.

But from what we can currently measure based gaming scores and the number of games though the PS4 comes out on top between the two systems though that is a fact when using what we have to measure the two by(The number of games and their scores). So those people saying that the PS4 has better games if going by that metric then it is a fact not an opinion. But that changes with each individual person when it comes to what they prefer then it becomes opinion. But in the end what a person prefers is what matters to them. Just my thoughts on the matter of all this exlusive stuff....

This is indeed all opinionated however the facts get twisted. PS4 doesnt have better exclusives because its score isnt based on the individual games, its being based off a list filled with a bunch of PC ports to help it hold a better score which infact misleading. If we are going to be comparing Xbox vs PS then include the games exclusive to it.

Most gamers have Laptops, Tablets and PCs to play most of the Indies and PC games (doesnt have to be at there highest settings)

As a PC gamer like myself i would rather see a proper list war not using PC as an advantage when Sny dont make any of these PC games and most of them are old or cheaper games. Its also wierd that alot of gamers feel like theres no need to buy an Xbox when there games are on PC, but its funny when i see PS lists using PC games as the reason PC is better.

There is no better console because if your not into there franchises then the console isnt for you. If a gamer loves Halo he wouldnt buy a PS4 because it has 30 PC games on it.  Same goes for someone who loves Uncharted, he wouldnt buy a XB1 for its BC feature etc. They will buy the console where the games they love are on.

Yes Gears Ultimate is another Blockbuster, The Order is also a Blockbuster for PS4 even though it didnt do quite well on the reviews.

I just hate seeing lists where a console community has to use PC games as there reason a console is better. Same goes with X1. Especially since most of the PC games arent anything great.

Azzanation said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Azzanation said:
Michelasso said:

How to compare potatoes with tomatoes. 67 vs 62 is the comparison of the average Metacritic scores. What is more relevant in this thread''s table is that the PS4 has 11 retail (pure) exclusives, the XBone only 5. Plus 8 digital exclusives each. So 11 to 5 for AAA, 19 to 13 total. Then if we consider all games available for other systems (thus for PC included) but not the competitor, the PS4 wins hands down. And that's what is to me the most relevant number, because the many people that do not intend to buy more than one system per generation do not care if a game is for another system as well, they care if a particular game is NOT for the other console. In other words games like Titanfall or Ryse have to be considered Xbox games on this comparison, while FF XIV: ARR or No Man's Sky are to be considered PS4 games.

You can derail this as much as you like, but they are the Xbox fanboys yelling around that the PS4 has no games. While it's true the opposite, making it quite annoying and hence threads like this come out to debunk them.

Your getting confused with PS4 has no Blockbusters, thats the way the media has turned it, not games. PS4 has games, so does every other system on the market, PS4 also has alot more PC ports and indies which makes its library bigger however there are games,. Exclusive games and then you have Blockbusters which in 2015 PS4 has had 1 where as XB1 has 4 coming out this holiday.

I will never doubt the games on PS4 but when i read posts like yours, you clearly dont understand the difference between exclusives (which doesnt always mean good) and Blockbusters which are must have games from famous franchises. I am not here to pin point better systems but i will say those claiming PS4 has games, sure your right, those saying PS4 has better games is all in your opinion. I will always choose a Blockbuster over 5 exclusives. Thats just me. You might be different.

Dont blame the fans, blame the media, if your going to hate Xbox fans for saying PS4 has no games then you should hate PS fans for claiming Cloud computing is a joke. Every side has its delusional fanboys, but its what feeds them which is the problem.

I know the XB1 has Halo, Forza and Tomb Raider but what is the 4th? Are you talking about the Gears collection? And I have to ask though what if one or all of those fail to be blocbusters? I don't think Forza or Halo will bomb but hey anything can happen. Also yeah all of this is indeed opinion on who has better games. It just all boils down to the games you like.

But from what we can currently measure based gaming scores and the number of games though the PS4 comes out on top between the two systems though that is a fact when using what we have to measure the two by(The number of games and their scores). So those people saying that the PS4 has better games if going by that metric then it is a fact not an opinion. But that changes with each individual person when it comes to what they prefer then it becomes opinion. But in the end what a person prefers is what matters to them. Just my thoughts on the matter of all this exlusive stuff....

This is indeed all opinionated however the facts get twisted. PS4 doesnt have better exclusives because its score isnt based on the individual games, its being based off a list filled with a bunch of PC ports to help it hold a better score which infact misleading. If we are going to be comparing Xbox vs PS then include the games exclusive to it.

Most gamers have Laptops, Tablets and PCs to play most of the Indies and PC games (doesnt have to be at there highest settings)

As a PC gamer like myself i would rather see a proper list war not using PC as an advantage when Sny dont make any of these PC games and most of them are old or cheaper games. Its also wierd that alot of gamers feel like theres no need to buy an Xbox when there games are on PC, but its funny when i see PS lists using PC games as the reason PC is better.

There is no better console because if your not into there franchises then the console isnt for you. If a gamer loves Halo he wouldnt buy a PS4 because it has 30 PC games on it.  Same goes for someone who loves Uncharted, he wouldnt buy a XB1 for its BC feature etc. They will buy the console where the games they love are on.

Yes Gears Ultimate is another Blockbuster, The Order is also a Blockbuster for PS4 even though it didnt do quite well on the reviews.

I just hate seeing lists where a console community has to use PC games as there reason a console is better. Same goes with X1. Especially since most of the PC games arent anything great.

If a game coming out on xbox one, ps4 and pc in around the same time period, is it a multiplatform game or a pc game? 

Honestly PS4 wins this hands down. It doesn't help that half of the games on XB1's side are Kinect

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Around the Network

That wouldnt be fair to not count PC games because X1 has almost no true exclusive coming, even ReCore will come on PC...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

At this point, I think ps4 would probably "win" a list of "best Xbox games". Let's just forget about beating Sony and just enjoy our great console. On paper, maybe we'll never win but the Xbox is still awesome.

Azzanation said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I don't know man I wouldn't say most gamers use their PCs Laptops and Tablets to play the indies and PC games. Some sure but not most. I would go as far as to say most console gamers wouldn't even know about or even play most PC/Indie games if they didn't come out on consoles. So for those console gamers those count for them because they don't game on PC so I guess I don't understand why so many people have a problem with them being used, and that goes for any console XB, PS or NIN.

As for the bolded I agree and disagree there can definitely be a better anything(clothing, food, jewelry, cars, electronics, people{lol} etc)...but that doesn't mean it is best for you because it is not what you prefer. Like for instance I truly feel that the XB360 controller was better than the PS3 controller but I preferred the PS3 controller over the 360 controller. But I am a person that 100% agrees when it comes to gaming you buy the console that has more of the games you prefer not the one with the best rated games but the one with the games you want to play. Heck if it were based off the "best" games as far as scores go then NIN would not be in last place.

But I totally feel were you are coming from as a PC gamers and understand why you look at things differently. So I can respect that man.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Update: Added Until Dawn to the PS4 list.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Update: Added Yorbie. Changed scoring to go out to two decimal places.

Bet with Adamblaziken: