By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Codename S.T.E.A.M should not have bombed (Mini-review)

I just beat the game... it's a fantastic game. The story is a bit predictable and it isn't the main focus of the game, but the voice acting is superb so it makes up for it in a way.

The gameplay is definitely one of the most unique styles Nintendo has given. It takes time to get used to and in the demo you can't speed up the enemy turn. Don't let that fool you though. Try out the demo and don't worry about the enemy turn (cause you can make it go faster in the actual game)

The OST is AMAZING. A lot of the tracks sound like they come from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I highly suggest that if you have a 3DS and enjoy Fire Emblem, you should get Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Worth the purchase and IMO, is one of the most underrated gems of this gen (along with a few others, but this one definitely makes it high on the list)

The only turnoff of this game is that it can be very diffcult. But if you like a challenge, this is definitely a title for you.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

No Nintendo game deserve to bomb.

I have the game, still in my backlog tho, but I really like it.

RolStoppable said:
It's the game that everyone had an eye on, but then nobody bought it. I am now at the point where I won't buy it without a significant discount because it has been too long since its release and I obviously know of its dismal performance.

The Wonderful 101 bombed and people praise it. (Myself included)

It's the same with this game. It's worth the purchase. It's sales do not determine it's quality factor. It is well worth the $40. But I highly suggest you get it at some point.

ARamdomGamer said:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force?

Teeqoz said:
ARamdomGamer said:

The game is not even out yet.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
ARamdomGamer said:

I love Metroid, and I am very excited for Federation Force. 

It's a spinoff, it won't be a main title game or anything, but it's going to be a good title. Just you wait. :)

cycycychris said:
I'm get it probably some time this year or next. I'm just looking for it to go for $15.I loved the demo though.

It takes a good 16ish hours to beat the game. (Fluctuates depending on if you're an experienced player -Being a Fire Emblem player helped me with this game a lot)

I understand why you want it to go cheaper, but I just gotta say, as soon as you see a discount, even if it's for $25, you should get it.

Paatar said:

It's a spinoff, it won't be a main title game or anything, but it's going to be a good title. Just you wait. :)

Well, seems like I found someone to play FF with next year.

ARamdomGamer said:
Paatar said:

Well, seems like I found someone to play FF with next year.

Adding you on my 3DS and Wii U now. :DDDD

2852-7052-1758 - My friend code

ARamdomGamer said:
Teeqoz said:
ARamdomGamer said:

The game is not even out yet.

Could you just explain why "No Nintendo game deserves to bomb" and why that is exclusive to Nintendo?