By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 3 Beta Discussion Thread

does anyone have an xbox code you'd be willing to share.

Around the Network
WrathofTank said:

does anyone have an xbox code you'd be willing to share.

They haven't released codes for the PC/Xbox beta yet. Not until next week. 

Played a couple of matches. It was really laggy at first but it gradually improved and now the hiccups have pretty much disappeared.

The general feeling is good as far I (sniper) am concerned : quickscope works OK, maps aren't that bad (Hunt is really convenient) and almost never have hitmarkers (even the semi-auto does OS). That said, I still have doubts on balance because AR and SMG can kill me faster than I can aim even at a distance so it kinda hurts my ratio. It's too fast-paced imo : characters run and jump at astonishing speed so it's not easy to hit.

The bow is neat, but tricky to use (fairly slow). 

My brother got a code since he preordered it. Tried it twice and I hated it. Tons of campers just wanting to win badly. I don't see how this was fun all this time.

So far the general reactions I've seen so far are that Black Ops 3 is a great game. Far better than Advanced Warfare and Ghosts (not that it's hard to do, *cough* both of those games sucked)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
So far the general reactions I've seen so far are that Black Ops 3 is a great game. Far better than Advanced Warfare and Ghosts (not that it's hard to do, *cough* both of those games sucked)

Yeah that's what I see and yes AW and Ghost were both terrible...smh

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

So far my only issues with the game are that guns sound like shit and it seems like every corner in the game has object next to it perfect for head glitching.

ryuzaki57 said:

The general feeling is good as far I (sniper) am concerned : quickscope works OK, maps aren't that bad (Hunt is really convenient) and almost never have hitmarkers (even the semi-auto does OS). That said, I still have doubts on balance because AR and SMG can kill me faster than I can aim even at a distance so it kinda hurts my ratio. It's too fast-paced imo : characters run and jump at astonishing speed so it's not easy to hit.

The bow is neat, but tricky to use (fairly slow). 

You'd think they made it so snipers were closer to the Black Ops 1 way, in which you actually had to look down the scope or something and if you got show, flinching was exagerated because you are looking down a scope.

It's still Beta, so let them balance things. However, don't expect to be able to snipe like in BO2 wherein a sniper rifle, as in a gun meant to be used at 500 yards plus, can be used as a shotgun.

Bow is good yeah but I'm crap at it. 

Hmm, pie.

I finally got to dig into the beta, and so far it's okay. Domination is still an absolute camp fest, but I guess that can't be helped. TDM, which I spend most of my time in, is k. I spend a lot of matches getting wrecked by people rank 20+ already rocking better killstreaks, guns, and attachments. Not to mention I've run into a lot of people who are super attached to camping even in a fast paced mode like TDM because they aren't willing to actually explore the map and attempt to, you know, play the game.

Of the three maps available, I like two of them. The one that's mostly a series of warehouses with broken windows and such can go to hell though.

Level cap will be upped to 34, the map Stronghold and the gamemode Uplink will be added to the Beta at 10am PST (4 hours from now). They also announced in their Periscope stream that they are nerfing the Hellstorm missile and are making spawns easier to flip on Combine but I'm not sure if that is gonna make it into the Beta.