By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson Strikes Back

Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:

But Sony Gamers don't want EA Access.  Didn't you hear?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/07/30/sony-turned-down-ea-access-for-playstation/

But PlayStation Now, well, that's totally different.

exactly, its totally different, so why bring it up?

You know, how like Ice Cream and Sherbert are totally different.

Even better if you get to pay more for game you might already own.

If you don't know what you're talking about then maybe you should just stop typing.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Zappykins said:

If you don't know what you're talking about then maybe you should just stop typing.

Sarcastic - marked by or given to using irony

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Can't say I laugh at this desperate attempt of marketing. Meanwhile Sony's Star Wars PS4 Bundle is almost at 1M views while he only has 64K views. Really sad. No word of mouth.

Zappykins said:
DerNebel said:
Zappykins said:

I'm well aware that you're being sarcastic. I was talking about the desperate attempt of selling EA Access and PS Now as something equal.

DerNebel said:
Zappykins said:
DerNebel said:
Zappykins said:

I'm well aware that you're being sarcastic. I was talking about the desperate attempt of selling EA Access and PS Now as something equal.

Well, EA Access is like $30 usd a year and has a few recent well like games with unlimited play on one platform; plus a discount on other EA games.  PS Now is like $180 USD a year and has a whole bunch more games for unlimited play.  Or with PS Now you can pick and chose for much less, and it's available on several platforms. 

They aren't equal, one has more games, but cost a whole bunch more for unlimited play.  In the way they are the same is that they are both rental services.  And the speculation that EA Access is not on the PS4 is that it would compete with PS Now.

But relevant to this thread, the bonus to have EA Access will allow you to play Star Wars Battlefront first on an Xbox One on Nov 17 or 19, 2015 (I've seen both dates...) 

So if you have it you get to 'Pew, pew, pew' first.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:

what does sony have to do with this? why are you so hell bent on bringing them into this discussion? and how am i over reacting by simply saying the video is horrible? 

im "using my head" just fine. another subscribtion for games on PS4 isnt needed. 

Why am I bringing Sony into this discusion? I guess you don't understand the video.

For $30 a year, its a cheap subscription. That's cheaper than 2 months of PS Now's subscription. Again, I'm a fan of letting consumers decide. Not letting Sony decide what's a good value. They are the same people that think a God of War III Remaster untouched for $40 is a good value.

I remember how much of consumer decision you were when MS was limiting consumer decision.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DonFerrari said:
pokoko said:
I don't get it.

Also, that was very much how I would imagine a Tyrannosaurus Rex would use a light saber.

he certainly isn't very dexterous.

LOL, that made him and the video even funnier and made me forget what a douche he is  when he's in a nasty mood (or more probably when his former chief Ballmer was  ).
 Anyway, considering how many big games are released bugged nowadays, early access could mean MS takes most of the shitstorm, while Sony gets bundle, TV ads and possibly either an already debugged and shit-free version, or a minor shitstorm with day-0 or day-1 patch.

Making himself look like an idiot certainly helps making me laughing more at the video.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Just watch SW: New Hope again and see how dexterous Obi-Wan and Vader are. Major Nelson nailed it 😎

DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Why am I bringing Sony into this discusion? I guess you don't understand the video.

For $30 a year, its a cheap subscription. That's cheaper than 2 months of PS Now's subscription. Again, I'm a fan of letting consumers decide. Not letting Sony decide what's a good value. They are the same people that think a God of War III Remaster untouched for $40 is a good value.

I remember how much of consumer decision you were when MS was limiting consumer decision.

I'm not sure what youre saying.

I'll just say I wasnt happy with decisions MS was making with X1 early on. 

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)