By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When is the next Nintendo Direct

Is anyone as shocked as me that Nintendo has yet to have a Nintendo Direct after that abysmal E3? Seriously we probably wont get one until we get a special one for super mario maker where they wont talk about anything new and it will suck. And when are we getting Devils Third in the USA!? Damnit Nintendo.

Around the Network

I'm sure they want to have a strong Direct soon, if they haven't done it yet it's because of the need to find a successor for Iwata.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

NDs was Iwata's thing and he well... died. Its not hard to imagine that a Nintendo direct hasn't come out yet.

Satoru Iwata dying and any internal shake ups within Nintendo could have something to do with it.
Hopefully Nintendo will put out a Direct for TGS or around that time, which wouldn't be until September.

I wonder if there will be a Mario Maker specific Direct on the horizon

Around the Network
celador said:
I wonder if there will be a Mario Maker specific Direct on the horizon

I would have assumed their would be one but they have been giving a lot of info about the game recently so I'm not sure if they will anymore.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I thought it was just announced :(

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's not the right time for a Nintendo direct right now.
Nintendo needs a successor for Iwata.

Yeah, these are complicated times for Nintendo, so I think they will wait until everything calms down. I'm almost sure that if Iwata didn't die, there would be another Direct.

For your reading pleasure - all Nintendo Directs so far: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations