By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We're Back (Update #8)! Coney & Blue's Excellent Adventure: Final Fantasy IX! Come Play Along!

Tagged games:

Kresnik said:
Checking this out.

:P

It's a better reply than I was expecting from you. So I'll take it.

(I love you really Krezzy!)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
Also, I think you're overrating Quina. She's a utility person, but relies too much on RNG to be truly useful. Zidane should be wrecking shop with Vivi as situation DPS.

Yeah do her attacks do varying damage; a bit like the grenades in FFXII? Sure seems like it.

Oh so that explains the massive damage range when I was fighting the boss. I thought it was some strange battle mechanic I didn't know about but that's good to know.

Interesting idea! Tagging, even though I didn't play FFIX

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Amazing game

Tagged for the unique take. Also to remind myself that I still haven't finished this game

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
Leadified said:
Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
Also, I think you're overrating Quina. She's a utility person, but relies too much on RNG to be truly useful. Zidane should be wrecking shop with Vivi as situation DPS.

Yeah do her attacks do varying damage; a bit like the grenades in FFXII? Sure seems like it.

Oh so that explains the massive damage range when I was fighting the boss. I thought it was some strange battle mechanic I didn't know about but that's good to know.

It's literally like rolling the dice with each attack.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ReimTime said:
Tagged for the unique take. Also to remind myself that I still haven't finished this game

Yeah seems to happen an awful lot. If this thread helps to stir up interest in the game again like it seems to be doing so far then that's a good result for me!

I encourage anybody who hasn't played this game, or who hasn't taken the time to beat it, to sit down and give this game a whirl. For those that have beaten it, why not take a stab at getting the Excalibur II? :p

LuckyTrouble said:
I encourage anybody who hasn't played this game, or who hasn't taken the time to beat it, to sit down and give this game a whirl. For those that have beaten it, why not take a stab at getting the Excalibur II? :p

Excalibur 2? Sounds pretty tough. A bit like Knights of the Round for example in VII. 

But yeah the games are cheap nowadays and easy to get into. Give it a try!

Conegamer said:
LuckyTrouble said:

Excalibur 2? Sounds pretty tough. A bit like Knights of the Round for example in VII.

You have to reach a particular room in the final dungeon in under 12 hours to get the sword. Definitely not an easy thing to pull off, but completely possible. It's the strongest weapon in the game if I remember correctly, and of course, as a sword, it's made for Steiner.