By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Now is the right time to buy an Xbox One

TheSting said:

You talked about reddit some in the past negatively. Why do you keep going back? Xbox part especially. Do you think ppl want to hear you complain about apart of the Internet we probably don't care about on Vgchartz?(maybe they do)

Because it can be useful for information at times and I'm a little masochistic I guess. Also reddit is a big part of todays online gaming community, which not only means that I think that at least a few people on here are active over there as well (so they might be able to relate) but also that I find that it can give a decent idea on the general mood of the gaming community towards a new announcement or something.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
TheSting said:

You talked about reddit some in the past negatively. Why do you keep going back? Xbox part especially. Do you think ppl want to hear you complain about apart of the Internet we probably don't care about on Vgchartz?(maybe they do)

Because it can be useful for information at times and I'm a little masochistic I guess. Also reddit is a big part of todays online gaming community, which not only means that I think that at least a few people on here are active over there as well (so they might be able to relate) but also that I find that it can give a decent idea on the general mood of the gaming community towards a new announcement or something.

Think I went once for Yu's Q&A. I honestly never heard of it before that. I think I can only stomach one video game site lol. The layout was weird to me as well

Normchacho said:
This article is awful, mostly because it isn't true. Now is not the time to buy an Xbox One...at least wait for the holidays so you can get a deal. Buying one now would be dumb...

Again, I'm sure he didn't mean right this second. Buying one now wouldn't be dumb because there are bundles that would increase value. Madden bundle coming up, Gears bundle, Forza bundle, H5 bundle. Calling it dumb to buy now is silly.

Now? Right before the holidays kick in and we get a fuck ton of value bundles?

Ha, nope.

KILLER INSTINCT!!!!

I'm having so much fun with this. Two seasons makes it a complete game and the level of polish is unbelievable!

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Now? Right before the holidays kick in and we get a fuck ton of value bundles?

Ha, nope.

This. Given how things have been with Xbox this gen, i would never even consider buying one outside of the holiday season.