By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Now is the right time to buy an Xbox One

Damn right it is. Deep library of awesome games, RareReplay just released. BC working like a charm. I can fire up Shadow Complex any time I want. We are humbled, MS.

Around the Network

Nah, i like the diverse library of genres on Playstation. Love action and shooters, buy a X1.

Reads too much like an online advertisement for a service rather than an editorial.

For most who are still interested in the XBO, the time to buy will coincide with the actual release of a scheduled game(s) and or discounts, whether from holiday sales or the inevitable redesigned SKU with a lower MSRP.

The only reason to order an XBO right now would be for the Halo fan that wants a Special Edition Halo console.

Zoombael said:
What i'm asking myself, why backwards compatibility? It's Xbox 360 all over again. Deja vu.

So many people still want this feature.... I missed quite a few games at the end of Xbox 360 generation. Do you want to pay for Remastered version or simply want to pay a much smaller fee to play the game on Xbox one. I love that Fall Out 4 comes with Fall out 3 on Xbox One. I never played FallOut 3 or New Vegas. Beside backward compability makes games with gold that much a better value for Xbox One owners. 

This move by Microsoft is very user friendly and Microsoft would make more money by selling remastered then opening up the consoles to backwards compability. But, Sony have them cornered and Microsoft must attract new customers to buy the Xbox One. I'm sure if Sony announce the same feature on PS4, Sony fans would love the features has much as Xbox One owners.

There no need for name calling like in previous post but remember this guys:

1. This is a Microsoft discussion threads.
2. Not everything needs to be Sony vs. Microsoft
3. Like it or not Microsoft is doing great at pleasing their fan base and making people at least consider buying an Xbox one.

As an Xbox One owner, I love this article and would love for more people to join the Xbox one community, Microsoft not only delivered with a very strong 2015 holiday lineup, but also has build a great forecast for 2016. 2016 seem like there wont be any drought in exclusive for the console. Microsoft was highly criticized (rightfully so) for their poor amount of exclusive in Q1-2 2015.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

3. Like it or not Microsoft is doing great at pleasing their fan base and making people at least consider buying an Xbox one.

As an Xbox One owner, I love this article and would love for more people to join the Xbox one community, Microsoft not only delivered with a very strong 2015 holiday lineup, but also has build a great forecast for 2016. 2016 seem like there wont be any drought in exclusive for the console. Microsoft was highly criticized (rightfully so) for their poor amount of exclusive in Q1-2 2015.

+1

Goatseye said:

Don't you agree that his opinion is harmless though? People are reacting to this like the poor writer offended their mom.

That's exactly what I thought on reading the article... it's harmless to other console fans but some of them saw that like a threat and I don't (maybe I do) understand why. 

I think the writer is right and MS really is turning the tides for itself. So many great things coming to Xbox it's a great time to own an X1 but that doesn't mean it's not a great time to own any other consoles.

Ps4 doesn't have ori and the blind forest...

End.of.

LivingMetal said:
darkenergy said:

Nobody at Microsoft ever said that, don't make things up, buddy.

"summer is always slow, like pre-season. We tend to focus on holiday when it really counts!" - Aaron Greenberg

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16128-microsoft-lack-xbox-one-npd-sales-figure-summer-slow-focus-holiday-no.html

Didn't notice that, but then again holiday sales are responsible for most of the hardware sales of the year.

Proud to be a Californian.

yvanjean said:

+2

I also wanted to add that Microsoft's holiday line up sorta makes up for the lack of exclusives of the first half of 2015. Then next year we get QB in April ,Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Gears of War 4 and possibly other unannounced games

Proud to be a Californian.