By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Now is the right time to buy an Xbox One

yvanjean said:

There no need for name calling like in previous post but remember this guys:

1. This is a Microsoft discussion threads.
2. Not everything needs to be Sony vs. Microsoft
3. Like it or not Microsoft is doing great at pleasing their fan base and making people at least consider buying an Xbox one.

As an Xbox One owner, I love this article and would love for more people to join the Xbox one community, Microsoft not only delivered with a very strong 2015 holiday lineup, but also has build a great forecast for 2016. 2016 seem like there wont be any drought in exclusive for the console. Microsoft was highly criticized (rightfully so) for their poor amount of exclusive in Q1-2 2015.

MS were only criticised on forums for their Q1-2 lineup, news sites were very quiet on the subject. That's one of tbe reasons this article is a bit much for me.

Around the Network

This thread got insane.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

RolStoppable said:

I dearly hope that the author of this article got paid by Microsoft.

Ruler said:

Not really 2 exclusives who are excepted, 1 timed exclusive and view BC titles who have DRM attached to it isnt enough reason to buy this console now

...and you are hopefully drunk.

Hoho! Advertiser at its finest :P

yvanjean said:

3. Like it or not Microsoft is doing great at pleasing their fan base and making people at least consider buying an Xbox one.

As an Xbox One owner, I love this article and would love for more people to join the Xbox one community, Microsoft not only delivered with a very strong 2015 holiday lineup, but also has build a great forecast for 2016. 2016 seem like there wont be any drought in exclusive for the console. Microsoft was highly criticized (rightfully so) for their poor amount of exclusive in Q1-2 2015.

This speaks more about you and the people agreeing with you than it does about the article. The article is poorly written there's hardly any 2 ways about it, I honestly find it pretty insulting that you try to make it seem as if people calling this out are only doing it for reasons of console preference.

darkenergy said:
LivingMetal said:

"summer is always slow, like pre-season. We tend to focus on holiday when it really counts!" - Aaron Greenberg

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16128-microsoft-lack-xbox-one-npd-sales-figure-summer-slow-focus-holiday-no.html

Didn't notice that, but then again holiday sales are responsible for most of the hardware sales of the year.

No biggie.  I can understand why it was said due to business politics and PR.  Later.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
yvanjean said:

This speaks more about you and the people agreeing with you than it does about the article. The article is poorly written there's hardly any 2 ways about it, I honestly find it pretty insulting that you try to make it seem as if people calling this out are only doing it for reasons of console preference.

I think what he's trying to say is that even if the article is writen like an add it doesn't mean people should focus on that and only that. That articles talks about Xbox positives for this year and next and it's great to have these articles around especialy in the Xbox threads section. You should know when to stop and just let those who appreciate it appreciate it. 

Sorry but what blockbuster or big exclusives are we talking about here?

Lawlight said:

did you not read the article? It tells you right there?

MikeG85 said:
Lawlight said:

did you not read the article? It tells you right there?

Yeah but it doesn't make sense. Now is the right time to buy an X1 for games that come out in the future?

Still too expensive for me with the lack of exclusives and not enough appealing games.