By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Extra Credits] A Generation of Remasters - Welcome Updates or Troubling Omens?

Abun said:
Samus Aran said:
Intrinsic said:
Samus Aran said:

The majority of games in the top 20 on metacritic (PS4/XBONE) are remasters/cross-gen games. 2 years into their lifetime...

Do we really need pointless remasters like GoW 3 and Uncharted Collection? MS and Ninty are handling remasters mostly fine, but some other companies... Halo: MCC was good on paper, but the online should've been better.

Really? So its wrong to have an uncharted collection remaster but OK to have a halo or gears of ear remaster. Its wring to have a GOW3 or TLoU remaster but OK to have a windwaker HD remaster? Can you string one sentence together without making your anti Sony stance evident?

Halo: MCC had a full remake of Halo 2 along with remasters of all the other main Halo games... Halo: MCC had all the multiplayer stuff from all the Halo games... The Uncharted Collection ditched all the online multiplayer... It's such a lazy effort.

Gears of War Remaster gets a big graphical overhaul (bigger than any of Sony's remasters) and it has lot's of new online multiplayer content that the original Gears of War on the XBOX360 never had. And according to wiki: "Ultimate Edition will feature five unreleased chapters of the campaign of the original game and players who purchased the Ultimate Edition can participate in the multiplayer beta of Gears of War 4, which is set to be released in 2016."[100]

Wind Waker HD was built form scratch (they lost the original build): the lighting, textures, shadows, etc. are all reworked and improved considerably. The resolution gets a big upgrade from 480p to 1080p, much bigger than the one from GoW 3 R or the Uncharted Collection. The controls are improved considerably thanks to the gamepad. The entire soundtrack is orchestrated... They added the swift sail to make sailing much less tedious. They added miiverse integration which made the world feel more alive. They improved upon the final triforce fetch quest to make it a lot less tedious.

Good enough for you? What Sony did is just a resolution and framerate upgrade.

All of this is BS,but ok lol.

If BS is what you call facts then ok lol.

But hey, if you want more remasters like GoW 3 R, be sure to buy it. ;)

Everyone wants to play remasters of games that looked perfectty fine as is and still played well. Right?

Around the Network
Abun said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I don't think it's been an issue on Wii U or Xbone, but if I were a PS4 only owner it might bother me I guess, since there's been little else besides Bloodborne and a slew of remasters. Luckily MicroSony has a slew of amazing 3rd party games to rely on.

Seeing as how the PS4 is the highest selling console with mostbeing PS4 only owners I'd say we are all satisfid mostly.I personally have enjoyed all of the exclsuives except Bloodborne and Knack so yeah,try again.

I'm glad you have been satisfied. I was speaking of myself. So yeah, try again.