By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

OT: I really don't see what the big deal is or why people are even surprised by this, remasters are easy investment for making a quick buck, they give people that may not have played certain games before the opportunity to play them and other people that might want to double dip can do that as well and at this point they aren't even made by the original games studios anymore anyway so they don't slow down development of new games at all.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
DerNebel said:

We back at "Bloodborne and Souls games are niche" now?

Yes. I don't like them, therefore they're niche.

True, with Dark Souls barely selling 5 million copies we can really see how small the fanbase of that series is...

DerNebel said:

I hope you realize that that's not how it went down though right?

Teeqoz said:

Wait, in what universe did Nintendo get more flak for WW HD than Sony did for TLOU R? I seriously thought you were a better user than to resort to arguments like these. Oh well.

I was referencing a particular user that was complaining that WWHD was even getting made, then said he'd double dip once TLOUR got announced, but OK :|

Commawn Tee, last time I made fanboy generalizations was back when I was still getting banned in 2013

mZuzek said:
Sigh. This is getting pathetic really fast. I can't believe people actually support this.

If people weren't willing to put up with this crap, consoles nowadays would still have a thing called backwards compatibility.

This. I get that some games from the mid 90s should get a remake. But remastering things from last gen when it was already in HD is a cheap cash grab to me.

bunchanumbers said:
mZuzek said:
Sigh. This is getting pathetic really fast. I can't believe people actually support this.

If people weren't willing to put up with this crap, consoles nowadays would still have a thing called backwards compatibility.

This. I get that some games from the mid 90s should get a remake. But remastering things from last gen when it was already in HD is a cheap cash grab to me.

Then don't buy it.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

lol you're completely dodging the issue. 

Remasters are optional. Dont want them, dont buy them.

Amiibos on the other hand, want the complete experience of certain game? Well, you HAVE to buy the happy meal toy.

oh i see, so you must hate the incomplete games that are constantly handed to you on ps4 and x1 as well, right? 

Watch the entire crow defending this money grab practice, now suddlenly remakes are the best and not only an easy way to make money selling the same product with barely any effort put on it even when your first party line up is underwhelming to say the least. If this was happening on Xbo or WiiU instead of ps4, most of this people will be shitting about it, but when it happens on the mighty Ps4 then is awesome.

Also is really good for the list wars, they can include those remasters against the others and say "it has morre and betterr games, metactritic says it" and bullshit like that, and yet they don´t count that XBO and WiiU can play all the last gen games too, without paying again for them, but BC is bullshit, remasters however is wonderfull, and the doble moral, hilarious.

The lack of a feature has never been so profitable for a company.

DerNebel said:
bunchanumbers said:

Then don't buy it.

I don't. Actually I got a PS3 instead so I can play the games the way the developers intended.

doesn't take much time for devs and we're getting plenty of new games as well

I am Iron Man

MohammadBadir said:
DerNebel said:

I hope you realize that that's not how it went down though right?

p>

Huh, quote is fucked up, but here's my reply anyways:

I'll let you pass. With doubt