By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest Franchises of JAPAN (Tier Listing)! Also Splatoon, Can It Potentially Be 1 of The Top 10 Franchises in Japan?

I mean these franchises are practically the Japan's Top!... (List could be arguable, but lets be real! Its not that far off being accurate :P)

*Same Tiers Listing in No order/////*C Tier and up are 400k+ Franchises ONLY!!! 

↓↓↓TIER LIST of JAPAN (Popularity/Sales+Current Time)↓↓↓

SS Tier: ★Pokemon    ★Animal Crossing    ★Monster Hunter    ★Dragon Quest

(Borderline) ☆Yokai Watch

S Tier: ★ "2D" Mario   ★Final Fantasy   ★Mario Kart      

(Borderline) 

A Tier: ★ "3D" Mario   ★Super Smash Bros  ★Tomodachi   ★

(Borderline) ☆

B Tier: ★Kirby   ★Kingdom Hearts   ★Resident Evil   ★Grand Theft Auto

(Borderline) ☆Luigi Mansion   ☆

C Tier:  ★Tales of     ★Metal Gear    ★Mario Party   ★Zelda

(Borderline) ☆God Eater   ☆MineCraft   ☆Splatoon   ☆COD

SPLATOON...... I dunno! Discuss!!!

Around the Network

Yokai Watch isn't Borderline SS tier, it is completely SS tier.

Metal Gear Solid is borderline B tier, GTA is borderline A tier. Call of Duty is bordline C tier or C tier.

You can probably add Dance Dance Revolution to the SS tier as arcades are still a thing in japan.

Teeqoz said:

Metal Gear Solid is borderline B tier, GTA is borderline A tier. Call of Duty is bordline C tier or C tier.

Yokai Watch is only borderline Because we dont know what will happen with it. I mean Brain Age/Wii Sports were also SS Tier, but it was obvious it wasnt going to be for long. The last IP from Level 5 that was huge was Izumi and that you can say was B tier yet that fell off fast.

Also i forgot to add it to OP but C Tier and up are 450k-500k+ Franchises. If Its under 400k-450k we be here all day lol

Metal Gear is probably C Tier and GTA is definitely B Tier or borderline of it. COD doesn't make it.

Teeqoz said:

If MGS is borderline B tier than Zelda should be C tier. Zelda is pretty low in Japan nowadays.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Teeqoz said:

If MGS is borderline B tier than Zelda should be C tier. Zelda is pretty low in Japan nowadays.

Zelda might be C Tier, i put it borderline between B and C. Its hard to tell but i'll put in C Tier. MM/OoT remakes sold extremely well and ALBW didnt do that bad. 

tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:

Yokai Watch is only borderline Because we dont know what will happen with it. I mean Brain Age/Wii Sports were also SS Tier, but it was obvious it wasnt going to be for long. The last IP from Level 5 that was huge was Izumi and that you can say was B tier yet that fell off fast.

Also i forgot to add it to OP but C Tier and up are 450k-500k+ Franchises. If Its under 400k-450k we be here all day lol

Metal Gear is probably C Tier and GTA is definitely B Tier or borderline of it. COD doesn't make it.

Nowadays, GTA is bigger than Resident Evil. GTA V has sold over 1 million. Even if you don't agree with it being bigger than Resident Evil, it is still at the very least B tier. CoD isn't under 400k, it is over. It should be bordeline C.

@Title No, Splatoon cannot and will not. This whole explosion of hope for the game reminds me when people thought MK8 would make the Wii U competitive in the west it isn't going to happen, people are really creating unrealistic expectations for this IP.

not sure, why you put zelda in c tier only
spaltoon is just game so far. lets wait how this will turn out

StarOcean said:
@Title No, Splatoon cannot and will not. This whole explosion of hope for the game reminds me when people thought MK8 would make the Wii U competitive in the west it isn't going to happen, people are really creating unrealostic expectations for this IP.

Splatoon has been shattering every expectation so far and has been serving sour grapes since E3 2014 (not refering to you here).