By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon is a very serious contender for my game of generation so far

outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
It sure is the first experience of its kind on a Nintendo platform but for me it doesn't feel that different from many other experiences I've had on the PS3/360 and PC.

These are my actual thoughts on the issue. It's a neat game, but there are so many other games in the same market. Hard to not scoff at the "game of the generation" tag.

I have a 360. Talking about TPS, i loved Gears. Was a epic game. I also loved Vanquish, even withouth the multiplayer.

Still, i prefer Splatoon.

Around the Network

so for all the haters:
Splatoon just got Best Shooter and best Multiplayer Game 2015.

Defeats games like Halo V, COD BO3, Battlefront, Rocket League and Destiny.

Hope even the biggest hater got it now, this is one of the best games released this year.

vivster said:

Just wanted to tell you that Rocket League is more uniquer and funner and and adictiver and even more differenter from other experiences than Splatoon.
So Splatoon isn't even close to a contender for GOTG. Unless the contender list is 200 games long.

So why is Splatoon best multiplayer game 2015 but rocket league not? Please explain....

JNK said:
so for all the haters:

Hope even the biggest hater got it now, this is one of the best games released this year.

We shouldn't put that much importance in the opinion of a few critics. All those games deserved the win to those who prefer them. With that said, Splatoon is also killing it in sales. We might even see a mayor upset if it manages to outsell Halo 5 lifetime :D.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

JNK said:
vivster said:

Just wanted to tell you that Rocket League is more uniquer and funner and and adictiver and even more differenter from other experiences than Splatoon.
So Splatoon isn't even close to a contender for GOTG. Unless the contender list is 200 games long.

So why is Splatoon best multiplayer game 2015 but rocket league not? Please explain....

It could win 1000 awards, if he liked Rocket League more than Splatoon, that's it. Critic's awards don't have to affect one's opinión about a game. And you're talking about one award, that doesn't make Splatoon the best shooter gane this year. For me, it is, with RL a close second. But it's all about opiniones.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
JNK said:

It could win 1000 awards, if he liked Rocket League more than Splatoon, that's it. Critic's awards don't have to affect one's opinión about a game. And you're talking about one award, that doesn't make Splatoon the best shooter gane this year. For me, it is, with RL a close second. But it's all about opiniones.

where did he said its his opinion? He said it like its a fact.

I found it to be a mediocre affair. I honestly don't know what all the appeal is.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

JNK said:
Volterra_90 said:

where did he said its his opinion? He said it like its a fact.

Imagine like every word you say has to be followed by the "in my opinion" sentence. It would be tiresome xDDD. What I write in forums, even if I don't say that, it's always my opinion. I could say "this game is shit" but I don't usually follow it with an imo :P

Oh boy...

JNK said:
so for all the haters:

Congrats to Splatoon! I found this gamelike a digital crack. I had a hard time trying to stop playing it and I even got a burn-in on my TV.

That said, I think your post is begging to start a "war".  Maybe you should just celebrate it "in peace"? ;)