By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon is a very serious contender for my game of generation so far

Nintyfan90 said:
How many maps does Splatoon have now?

10, along with 2 more we know of coming soon.

Around the Network

OK, has Ninty announced any paid dlc for it at all or will all the content continue to be free?

Nintyfan90 said:
OK, has Ninty announced any paid dlc for it at all or will all the content continue to be free?

So far, there has been no mention of paid dlc. As of now, all of the content will continue to be free.

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

Again, voice chat OPTION. You think it won't help, don't use it. If others think it will help, give them the option to do so, or don't complain when others are annoyed by this missing feature.

I was referring to the original smash bros. Also, would splatoon get a free pass if the balancing is broken because it's not a traditional shooter? Would splatoon get a free pass if it only had 2 maps to choose from? Would it get a free pass if the online mode was glitchy and laggy? Would it get a free pass for low local multiplayer content? The answer is no. Many other shooters get flak for these things. People aren't exactly praising microsoft for no coop in halo 5. Every game gets shit on if it has locked on disk dlc. You can't just say "but splatoon is unique" as a cop out and reviewers know this.

Yes , I am talking about a feature (local coop) that games should have. For all the shit cod gets, I actually admire how they added local multiplayer, and I'm also looking forward to the zombies mode (something that was unnecessary but a great and substantial addition).

If a game doesn't get local coop, then I expect it to be replaced with something substantial, like a character rpg tree in destiny, or a huge world to explore in metroid prime. What does splatoon have to make not only equal to the previously mentioned games, but better (to be gotg)?

Wonderful 101 had an abysmal tutorial, and looking back taking the time to figure stuff out is what made the game unenjoyable. Platinum games shouldn't expect every user to research moves in order to enjoy the game. Some people are into that, but not everyone is. some people just don't give a rats ass and want to enjoy the game from the get go. If wonderful 101 decides to ignore that fact, then it deserves to have the low sales and reviews that it did get. You can't just say that everyone who didn't like the game sucked.

The best miiverse integration and community in a non-MMO game you'll ever see this generation.

Community does look promising (certainly something reviewers overlook), but seeing as how the game is still growing, I will wait awhile before making a judgement call. The community is a good feature so far, gotg material not so much ... but it certainly helps.

Damn this thread exploded, and I didn't even partake much as I'm too busy actually playing the game.

Around the Network

I love Splatoon and play it as much as I can, but GOTG? Fun and addicting but a game that releases with like half of the multiplayer content unfinished and lacking in basic MP features, coupled with an average single player doesn't really get anywhere near GOTG IMO. There's better candidates for that title on the Wii U already honestly.

Samus Aran said:
Mike321 said:
The game is amazing but it still lacks content, even with the august update

Yet it's my most played Wii U game already. ;)

I am currently around 85 hours so far, one more week and will have around 90 hours and will pass NSMBU, Mario 3D World and Mario Kart for most played my Wii U game, only 2.5 months after release. :)

forlornsnow said:
I love Splatoon and play it as much as I can, but GOTG? Fun and addicting but a game that releases with like half of the multiplayer content unfinished and lacking in basic MP features, coupled with an average single player doesn't really get anywhere near GOTG IMO. There's better candidates for that title on the Wii U already honestly.

We know that almost all multiplayer content (10 maps, 3 mods, many additional weapons) was finished on launch, because they were locked on disk and Nintendo unlocked them without any update. 

But Nintendo wanted to have different approach, they launch game with half of that content because they did want to overwhelm players with too much content as not well acquainted with the substance and mechanics of the game and a there were chances that players would be quickly sated, but they wanted players first well acquainted with the game mechanics, existing maps and modes, weapons and equipment, and only then to periodically add new content.

Its all about Nintendo different approach, and two months after release we have almost double of initial content, so I really don't think that game was releases with half of the multiplayer content, is a problem at all.

This is online focus game, so average single player is best what you can expect from that type of a game.

John120219 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

So far, there has been no mention of paid dlc. As of now, all of the content will continue to be free.

Sounds excellent!

This really shouldn't be a debate since the OP said "game of the generation SO FAR FOR ME". He also said "what do you think, Splatoon players?".
In other words, it's more of a personal award from him to the game, and he wants to know what other Splatoon players think.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs