By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wots the expected PS3 hardware shipment in Other for GT5P week.?

From the rumours or claims GT5 Prologue has 1 million preorders for the launch... So do u think it will push the PS3 hardware shipmnt considerably... like between 150 - 200k from the current level of 75k.?

or it will have Yenkuza type effect on PS3 hardware sale in Others which means no effect at all..

Around the Network

PAL is not Japan
believe me

Even if a lot of GT5p purchaser will be PS3 owner, I expect a huge PS3 boost PAL when GT5p will be relased (26/03/08). Also remember there will be a bundle (400 euros= PS3 40gb + GT5p).
At the end, there will be video of GT5p everywhere in every shop and people will just be AMAZED buy the gfx and will say : "I want a PS3 !". I have always stated that video of GT5p would the best advertising Sony could imagine ...

Anyone has any info of the Xbox360 price cut effect ?
it has been 2 days now and there is not even 1 report indicate increased sales (even looking at amzon.co.uk or fr rank).

Time to Work !

First of all, these are retail preorders - it is possible retailers overestimate the demand for a game (see Super Mario Galaxy Japan sales) as it is possible they underestimate it - they probably looked at the sales for the other GT games and that´s why preorders are that high. We don´t know yet if the game will sell that well or not.

As for hardware sales, I guess a boost is reasonable but don´t expect the PS3 to sell 200k in a single week - GT5 Prologue is basically a demo, not that many people buy a console because of a demo version for a game. On the other hand, you never know, maybe the boost will be big.

I agree Louie.

Time to Work !

Aren't pre-orders done by people who usually already OWN the system?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

@Smbu2000

come people don't like to accept a PS3 game gets pre-orders so high..

but they may be right as well....who knows

___

Personally PS3 hardware should spike to 100K that week & so NEGATING any effect the 360 price drop had the previous few weeks..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I believe GT5P will be the biggest Prologue game so far. Definitely it will sell more than GT4P. I expect this game to reach at least 2 million worldwide. People keep talking about "demo version" because GT5 itself is a real monster regards content. We will get solid package of 6 tracks and 60 cars. Not too shabby. The highest quality stuff you can get right now. It's GT. Forget all X360 quasi-equivalents... It's like comparing Killzone to Halo We can expect PS3 to exceed 100k during launch week here in Europe for sure.

I think the boost will be significant. As in 40-50% first week perhaps, but that seems an absolute maximum to me!
It'll probably entice the audience and keep the PS3 numbers 10-15% higher on average until GTA IV which again would lead sales up in time for MGS 4 etc.
I see huge boosts this year for PS3 in PAL regions, and I believe the steady average sales will be nearly double what they are now after these games release.

For EU only!:

GT5 - P

sales go 5% higher...stay above 360

GTA IV

Sales go 10% higher...stays above 360

MGS4

sales go 7% higher....stays above 360

overall wee could see PS3 making 90K a week by the end of june..in EU ONLY.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

btw are retailers taking Pre orders.? i mean if they are taking pre orders then their orders will be a lot more accurate than when they r just making complete assumption of the first week sale.