By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX's most important gets: FFXV and FF7 remake

Dr.Vita said:
fleischr said:

False. Final Fantasy started as a Nintendo home console exclusive and was very sorely missed by many Nintendo gamers when FF7 went exclusive.

Over the years, Nintendo's had a few exclusive Final Fantasy spinoffs and remakes on home console and handheld. The hardcore fans of FF are on both NIntendo and Playstation.

If DQXI is a port of the PS4 version, and NX has X1 level specs, FFXV and FF7 are certainly possible. Likely even more marketable than X1 versions if the NX gets a proper start.

I know somebody would quote me! 
I wrote "Final Fantasy is only a Playstation series" and not "Final Fantasy was always a Playstation series". There is a difference!
As long as Nintnedo doesnt't get a real Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy isn't a Nintnedo series.

The correct term would be that "Main Numbered Final Fantasy games are PlayStation only in Japan" since the Xbone has XIII and is getting XV. That said the Wii got 7 brand new unique Final Fantasy spin off games, some of them exclusive. None of them are main numbered entries, but includes a direct sequel to IV. The 3ds have 3 spin offs, so far. One of them (FF:Explorers) is currently exclusive. The 3DS have both Bravely games which are the only "REAL" Final Fantasies in more than a decade.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

I fail to see how NX getting VII and XV will really turn the tide in the long run, especially in Japan (where I feel these two games are given too much hope in revitalizing the home console market there). While it would be nice, and shocking to say the least, if NX got these games I don't feel like it would be the end of the world if it didn't.

It would be great if they had both

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Final Fantasy, those are extremely important and they make or break a console. Also important is the hype of over promising games that will take years to produce and, while ultimately let down, give reason to invest when there's no games available.

Nintendo needs to do their best to get these big franchises on board.
Sadly, being Nintendo, I don't think they'll do it. I'm already preparing myself for an NX that's weaker than the PS4 :/

Around the Network

NX is going to be 3 years to late to care whether or not it has gen 8 game support. by the time NX releases there will probably be around 75 million gen 8 console sold. wiiU was to late to be relevant with gen 7 games and too early to get gen 8 games. NX will be the same,.. too late for gen 8 and too early for gen 9.

V-r0cK said:
I can't wait to play FFXV and FF7R.....on PS4.

Honestly, gamers looking forward to those titles are likely/already set on the console they want to play them on and there's a high chance NX wasn't even considered. Sure it would be a great incentive, but I think gamers would like to see something new from Nintendo instead.

This I can agree with.

Ka-pi96 said:
FunFan said:

The correct term would be that "Main Numbered Final Fantasy games are PlayStation only in Japan" since the Xbone has XIII and is getting XV. That said the Wii got 7 brand new unique Final Fantasy spin off games, some of them exclusive. None of them are main numbered entries, but includes a direct sequel to IV. The 3ds have 3 spin offs, so far. One of them (FF:Explorers) is currently exclusive. The 3DS have both Bravely games which are the only "REAL" Final Fantasies in more than a decade.

Think you mean 360 there. Even then the 360 version did release in Japan later on as well. Plus the PC re-releases of not only 13 but other games as well. So even main series ones aren't PlayStation only in Japan.

Oops. You got me. T.T The Xbox is a very confusing brand for me :D. Didn't knew XIII came out for the 360 in Japan. Maybe XV will come to the XBone in Japan too.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Dr.Vita said:
fleischr said:

False. Final Fantasy started as a Nintendo home console exclusive and was very sorely missed by many Nintendo gamers when FF7 went exclusive.

Over the years, Nintendo's had a few exclusive Final Fantasy spinoffs and remakes on home console and handheld. The hardcore fans of FF are on both NIntendo and Playstation.

If DQXI is a port of the PS4 version, and NX has X1 level specs, FFXV and FF7 are certainly possible. Likely even more marketable than X1 versions if the NX gets a proper start.

I know somebody would quote me! 
I wrote "Final Fantasy is only a Playstation series" and not "Final Fantasy was always a Playstation series". There is a difference!
As long as Nintnedo doesnt't get a real Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy isn't a Nintnedo series.

Maybe not to you, but to the hardcore FF fan and older gamers - its just as much a Nintendo series as it is a Playstation one. All FF games prior to FF7 are ever always known primarily as Nintendo games. And those are some of the most important ones! (Specifically FFIV and FF6).

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

How about a more important get:

Final Fantasy VI remake by Monolith Soft.