By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX's most important gets: FFXV and FF7 remake

kitler53 said:
NX is going to be 3 years to late to care whether or not it has gen 8 game support. by the time NX releases there will probably be around 75 million gen 8 console sold. wiiU was to late to be relevant with gen 7 games and too early to get gen 8 games. NX will be the same,.. too late for gen 8 and too early for gen 9.

You win the prize for the most insightful comment.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:
How about a more important get:

Final Fantasy VI remake by Monolith Soft.

Make the the most perfect RPG even better? That's hype!

Nintendo rocks.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Drakrami said:
You make it sound like it is exclusive to the NX.... lol.

FF7:RE, if it comes on the NX, will not be a system seller. Just like how Assassins Creed 5 is not a system seller for ps4 or how Batman Arkham Knight is not a system seller for XB1.

The game is now exclusive with ps4, markets with the ps4 and people associate it with the ps4.

Difference here is that FF has a long legacy with the Nintendo platform. FF appeals directly to Japan in a way AC and Batman does not.

These games are also coming to X1 ICYMI. NX is a more suitable home for FFXV and FFVII than X1 because Nintendo's had the franchise before and has infinitely better goodwill in Japan than Xbox does.

Soriku said:
gabzjmm23 said:
If NX is a home console and at par with what PS4/X1. Then getting FF VII: remake, FF XV and DQ XI, it would really atleast turn the tide and get those gamers to own an NX. I know it is just targeted to RPG demographic, but adding diversity and AAA games would really help NX.

Plus knowing the release dates of those game, which we think is around 2017. NX is a possibility.

Those games would be nice additions to its library, but I don't see many people rushing to play them on NX over PS4.

Mainly in Japan, It is just Nintendo and Sony. If your new home console is getting a big AAA game like FF XV or VII:R upon launch (hoping that the release date of VII:R is 3 months earlier for PS4), why not wait for a new console with this game.  I don't know when XV would be released though. :D

It could turn things around and get other games.  I'm just happy for those gamers who only owns a single console and wanted to play a lot of games. 

Around the Network
FunFan said:
Dr.Vita said:

I know somebody would quote me! 
I wrote "Final Fantasy is only a Playstation series" and not "Final Fantasy was always a Playstation series". There is a difference!
As long as Nintnedo doesnt't get a real Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy isn't a Nintnedo series.

The correct term would be that "Main Numbered Final Fantasy games are PlayStation only in Japan" since the Xbone has XIII and is getting XV. That said the Wii got 7 brand new unique Final Fantasy spin off games, some of them exclusive. None of them are main numbered entries, but includes a direct sequel to IV. The 3ds have 3 spin offs, so far. One of them (FF:Explorers) is currently exclusive. The 3DS have both Bravely games which are the only "REAL" Final Fantasies in more than a decade.

Main Numbered? So I - VI on the NES/SNES are not main numbered.  If Nintendo do it right, with a good power and graphics, why not get a mainline FF again.  XBOX got XIII, so why not SE push FF mainline series across the 3 consoles.

JetSetter said:
I fail to see how NX getting VII and XV will really turn the tide in the long run, especially in Japan (where I feel these two games are given too much hope in revitalizing the home console market there). While it would be nice, and shocking to say the least, if NX got these games I don't feel like it would be the end of the world if it didn't.

Yes, these games should atleast push home consoles for Japan.  Also true, if Nintendo does their normal thing, these games might not happen. :)

kitler53 said:
NX is going to be 3 years to late to care whether or not it has gen 8 game support. by the time NX releases there will probably be around 75 million gen 8 console sold. wiiU was to late to be relevant with gen 7 games and too early to get gen 8 games. NX will be the same,.. too late for gen 8 and too early for gen 9.

I don't think there would be 75 million home consoles by that time. We are just talking about these games to be launched to NX as well.  So gamers who wanted to own an NX system which has these games, there is a bigger chance for sale, especially in Japan.

DerNebel said:
Dragin Quest XI is being considered for NX, nothing is confirmed at this point.

It's confirmed, they just went back when realized that they spoiled the system a bit. It's normal.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

gabzjmm23 said:
JetSetter said:
I fail to see how NX getting VII and XV will really turn the tide in the long run, especially in Japan (where I feel these two games are given too much hope in revitalizing the home console market there). While it would be nice, and shocking to say the least, if NX got these games I don't feel like it would be the end of the world if it didn't.

Yes, these games should atleast push home consoles for Japan.  Also true, if Nintendo does their normal thing, these games might not happen. :)

I feel like they would push home console sales but not in the way that many are thinking. I mean we are talking about the 15th main line game in a series and a remake of a near 20 year old game. If anything Dragon Quest XI has a better shot, but that's also coming to 3DS. And yes, unless nintendo takes action (or if SE just doesn't bother) then these games will pass them up.