By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX's most important gets: FFXV and FF7 remake

Just buy a PS4 - you'll get everything.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Zelda U PS4 confirmed!!! Thats why it was delayed, now it all makes sense. Coupled with Halo 5 and Gears 4 this fall, finally gonna dust off that PS4.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

gabzjmm23 said:
FunFan said:

The correct term would be that "Main Numbered Final Fantasy games are PlayStation only in Japan" since the Xbone has XIII and is getting XV. That said the Wii got 7 brand new unique Final Fantasy spin off games, some of them exclusive. None of them are main numbered entries, but includes a direct sequel to IV. The 3ds have 3 spin offs, so far. One of them (FF:Explorers) is currently exclusive. The 3DS have both Bravely games which are the only "REAL" Final Fantasies in more than a decade.

Main Numbered? So I - VI on the NES/SNES are not main numbered.  If Nintendo do it right, with a good power and graphics, why not get a mainline FF again.  XBOX got XIII, so why not SE push FF mainline series across the 3 consoles.

I'm pretty sure I put the word "Newer" there somewhere. Where did it go? Can I say that, because I used the word "are" instead of "were always", I was refering to the more recent entries?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Lawlight said:

Zelda U PS4 confirmed!!! Thats why it was delayed, now it all makes sense. Coupled with Halo 5 and Gears 4 this fall, finally gonna dust off that PS4.

I didn't know that this topic was about Zelda U.

DQXI is not in development for NX, it is just a possibility. NX has to prove it can be successful among gamers at large first, lots of WiiU games like that have been cancelled after all.

Around the Network

So much talk of conjecture yet so little certainty on information ...

So much assuredness about how Nintendo's next console platform been more viable for these games but so little look on the actual data ...

JRPGs have NEVER meant much when it came to Nintendo consoles since the WII. If we take a look at last gen, the WII performed JUST AS badly as the Xbox 360 when it came to selling JRPGs so why is there no cries about this fact ?

When all is said and done I think FFXV on the X1 will outsell the WII Us highest selling JRPG. Square Enix is not stupid no matter how much people want to paint them as such ...

So much thirst for JRPGs on Nintendo consoles around here yet so little of it actually translates in the real world ...

Lawlight said:

I didn't know that this topic was about Zelda U.

It doesn't matter what the topic is about, "everything" is a word with a definitive all-encompassing meaning that can imply much more than just the element included. Why not use the word "both" instead, if you didn't want to purposely misslead anyone,  given that this is a place so obiously full of dumb people that, like me, will take everything literal (when convenient)?

fatslob-:O said:
So much talk of conjecture yet so little certainty on information ...

So much assuredness about how Nintendo's next console platform been more viable for these games but so little look on the actual data ...

JRPGs have NEVER meant much when it came to Nintendo consoles since the WII. If we take a look at last gen, the WII performed JUST AS badly as the Xbox 360 when it came to selling JRPGs so why is there no cries about this fact ?

When all is said and done I think FFXV on the X1 will outsell the WII Us highest selling JRPG. Square Enix is not stupid no matter how much people want to paint them as such ...

So much thirst for JRPGs on Nintendo consoles around here yet so little of it actually translates in the real world ...

And yet the XBone is getting XV and KH3.

bunchanumbers said:
It would be a big deal if Nintendo gets the FF and DQ franchises for NX. I think this would hurt Sony sales in Japan and would go a long way to securing Japan. Well DQ for sure. I'm not so sure that the FF franchise will do as much as it used to. Personally I don't think that FF7 will really do all that much overall.

You're also forgetting Sony would obliterate S-E in court, for breach of contract.  I mean, it's an interesting thought, but it ignores the deals that've already been made between Sony and S-E.

While i'd love for FF7 to come to NX I think that game is a long ways off.  Might be a late gen NX game.