By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS & Vita Can Last For Another Two To Three Years In The West, Says NIS America Boss

Sure the 3DS can last for a few years... besides the NX handheld. Especially if the NX-handheld ain't backwards compatible to 3DS.

The lack of exclusive announcements for the New 3DS speaks volumes, even Xenoblade Chonicles is now available on Wii U. Why aren't they pushing the new 3DS model with some exclusives? Probably because the preparations for the NX-launch are much more important than broadening the New3DS-hardware-base.

Around the Network

I bet it can, at least until Pokémon Games keep coming out :v

The 3DS could last a couple more years, but Nintendo has practically already released most of possible heavy hitters for the system. 2016 is mostly going to be focused on localizations on 3rd parties. If Nintendo could manage to preserve that 3rd party support into the next handheld, releasing their next portable soon could be more profitable, even if I want them to take their time with their new system.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Conina said:

Sure the 3DS can last for a few years... besides the NX handheld. Especially if the NX-handheld ain't backwards compatible to 3DS.

The lack of exclusive announcements for the New 3DS speaks volumes, even Xenoblade Chonicles is now available on Wii U. Why aren't they pushing the new 3DS model with some exclusives? Probably because the preparations for the NX-launch are much more important than broadening the New3DS-hardware-base.

As the new 3DS was announced many people with ... let's say not so friendly feelings about Nintendo claimed, that 3DS-owners now are fucked as any new software is released for new 3DS now. More reasonable people said, that N3DS-software not runnign on 3DS would be the exception. Look how it turned out. And if you're wondering how that can happen, look at the DSi, that as the N3DS had more processing power. How many exclusive games besides the downloads the DSi had? Five? Maybe ten? Why on earth people even believed there would be significant software-release N3DS-only. The reality lies in the frame of expectation, with or without NX.

You say no significant releases for N3Ds are announced, and from that you conclude the NX will replace it. But you omit, that there are a lot of significant releases for 3DS (that also run on N3DS) are announced. That somehow hurts your theory.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Until this shit come out, I dont think 3DS will die soon enough, more than one and a half year then ?

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Around the Network

As long the 3ds continues to make a profit for Nintendo, I can see it happening :)

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Well 2016 looks good with Paper Jam, Metroid, FE, FFE, etc..
I think it can last a year and a half then itll die.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Think about it: Just because a system isn't selling as well anymore, it doesn't mean it's done. If people are still buying games, it's turning a profit, because software will always make more money than hardware.

Those low weekly numbers mean nothing if the big hitters are still selling millions of copies.

Mnementh said:
Conina said:

As the new 3DS was announced many people with ... let's say not so friendly feelings about Nintendo claimed, that 3DS-owners now are fucked as any new software is released for new 3DS now. More reasonable people said, that N3DS-software not runnign on 3DS would be the exception. Look how it turned out. And if you're wondering how that can happen, look at the DSi, that as the N3DS had more processing power. How many exclusive games besides the downloads the DSi had?

But if it's a DSi situation (a minor final revision upgrade before the launch of the next generation, not the second coming that postpones the successor of the 3DS-line for at least 4 years), a NX-handheld at the end of next year or early 2017 is highly probable. The 3DS launched 27 month after the DSi and 14 months after the DSi. Outside of Japan the gap was even smaller: 3DS launched 25 month after the DSi and 12 months after the DSi.

Let's just ignore the DS LL for a moment. The NN3DS/LL launched in October 2014... 27 month later would be around January 2017. It launched in November 2014 in US + EU... 25 month later would be also around December 2016 and January 2017. Probably  1 - 2 month earlier to not miss out on the important holiday season, so my guess is November 2016.

Mnementh said:

You say no significant releases for N3Ds are announced, and from that you conclude the NX will replace it. But you omit, that there are a lot of significant releases for 3DS (that also run on N3DS) are announced. That somehow hurts your theory.

Are there significant 3DS releases announced for the time after November 2016? That would hurt my theory. And even the earlier 2016 games aren't a mostly impressive output of 3DS games... Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (I love the M&L RPGs!), Hyrule Warriors Legends (a port), Bravely Second: End Layer (already finished besides translation) , Metroid Prime Federation Force (not the Metroid game the fans were looking for) and the usual Olympic Mario&Sonic sport game.

Its going to last until 2016-2017, when Nintendo/Sony can do a 16nm FinFET chip for the next 3DS/Vita.

PS4 and Xbox One, will get slim version of their consoles, and Nintendo will launch a new system as well.

2016 is going to be a big year for gameing.