By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What you think of Crackdown's Cloud Computing?

Lawlight said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Yea, who care about that brand new idea we've never seen before.

Destructible environments is something that we've never seen before?

Not 100% destructable environments. 

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Yea, who care about that brand new idea we've never seen before.

Sure, act like you don't get the point.

I was really impressed with the gameplay I saw and I'd be really excited to see that make it to the final game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

smroadkill15 said:
Lawlight said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hysScgGboBA
Red Faction Armageddon in 2011

Eddie_Raja said:
An average at best series, and tech that has so far consistently proven to be nothing but hype.

This game screams "I will believe it when I see it" for me.

Well, the sales are in fact average at best! Even Driveclub have sold almost the same as the entire Crackdown franchise, which makes it weird that Microsoft have chosen this game to implement the Cloud tech instead of proven franchises like Halo or Gears...weird.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
Eddie_Raja said:
An average at best series, and tech that has so far consistently proven to be nothing but hype.

This game screams "I will believe it when I see it" for me.

Well, the sales are in fact average at best! Even Driveclub have sold almost the same as the entire Crackdown franchise, which makes it weird that Microsoft have chosen this game to implement the Cloud tech instead of proven franchises like Halo or Gears...weird.

They are using it as a marketing gimmick the other titles didn't need. As long as it'd improve the experience, I appreciate them trying. Their pillars didn't need the boost.

Protendo said:
AEGRO said:

They are using it as a marketing gimmick the other titles didn't need. As long as it'd improves the experience, I appreciate them trying. Their pillars didn't need the boost.

Great points!

Amazing tech. My Internet will handle it just fine.

Red Faction Guerrilla had amazing MP because you could force a couple guys into a big building where they thought they were safe, but then destroy the base of the building and send it crashing down. This is even better destruction on a much much larger scale in an open world city. Quite the sandbox at our disposal. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Amazing tech. My Internet will handle it just fine.

Red Faction Guerrilla had amazing MP because you could force a couple guys into a big building where they thought they were safe, but then destroy the base of the building and send it crashing down. This is even better destruction on a much much larger scale in an open world city. Quite the sandbox at our disposal. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

I guess that's all gimmicks.

SvennoJ said:
smroadkill15 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hysScgGboBA
Red Faction Armageddon in 2011

Impressive, but still not at the same scale. The buildings are much larger in crackdown and more realistic destruction.