By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What you think of Crackdown's Cloud Computing?

Why can't I just buy 2 more Xbones and connect them together for more powerz? My own local cloud. and so them Lizards can't DDOS my cloud powerz.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

My console is always online so I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits of the cloud, but I doubt there will be any noticeable improvements.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Just got done reading about it. It is really cool to have such physics being in operated into a sandbox. I just hope that CrackDown 3 can have enough content to help maintain such fun.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

its a bit of a copout, the hitbox data (force/location/angle) is sent to the server which runs debris calculation on a simplified mesh, the result is then delivered to the client , geometry isnt dissapearing in the video, its simply the switch between local physics calculation and the server based debris data with the simplified meshes.

put simply, the initial destructions handled by the xbox one, the server just calculates debris based on a low poly instance of the game world.

still, better than the glorified shared savedata shit they call driveatar.

As someone who doesn´t like multiplayer, I hope it doesn´t become a trend to focus on online just so they can sell the technology.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:

Good, that's the best approach.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Says a lot when you show a game for the first time and all people talk is the cloud. Who cares about that shit, show more of the story and gameplay and talk about that.

Yea, who care about that brand new idea we've never seen before.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Says a lot when you show a game for the first time and all people talk is the cloud. Who cares about that shit, show more of the story and gameplay and talk about that.

It plays exactly like previous games so anyone familar with crackdown already knows how the game is played and same with the story (taking out gangs basically). Btw, considering every website has been praising the new cloud computing destructable evironments, a lot of people care. Check out the IGN video (which shows gameplay). http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/06/17-minutes-of-explosive-crackdown-3-gameplay-gamescom-2015?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=2&utm_campaign=Coverstory

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Like what Starfox came out and all people talked about was "Super FX" or when Jet Grind Radio came out and all people talked about was "Cell Shading" of when Wii Sports came out and all people talked about was " motion controls ".  New technology being implemented in games automatically is a bad thing!

Mystro-Sama said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Yea, who care about that brand new idea we've never seen before.

Destructible environments is something that we've never seen before?