By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why i buy Physical games.

Collecting physical is better than digital surely, and attractive!! Specially old school PC games they're big boxes, shiny & some badass arts(sometime ugly arts) and some cool longbox PS1 games before jewel cases.

Physical is my best friend!

Around the Network

"I love collecting games."

I love playing games. Digital makes for a better play experience. I buy digital. I'm sure there will always be collectors editions for people like you. Otherwise, it's just artificially slowing down progress.

It's so weird. Seeing stuff like this makes me actively see time passing by. I used to watch TV shows where the stereotypical old person would have these kinds of sentiments about the obsolete technology of their day. It's weird to see that these are now becoming my peers.

Age man. Weird.

spemanig said:
"I love collecting games."

I love playing games. Digital makes for a better play experience. I buy digital. I'm sure there will always be collectors editions for people like you. Otherwise, it's just artificially slowing down progress.

It's so weird. Seeing stuff like this makes me actively see time passing by. I used to watch TV shows where the stereotypical old person would have these kinds of sentiments about the obsolete technology of their day. It's weird to see that these are now becoming my peers.

Age man. Weird.

So your saying iam someone old who does not want progress yet digital games are a step BACK.

You know you buy thin air.

where physical you buy SOMETHING.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Why I buy digital games only:

1. Hate seeing space wasted in my house with game cases on the shelf
2. Not a fan of my young kid scratching disks while he is swapping them
3. Slow disk read speeds/disk DRM
4. Can't efficiently use cool new features like game streaming to any TV in my house

All in all, I understand why some people like physical disks but it shouldn't be a stretch for most to understand why digital is preferred by some.

4ever physical <3

Around the Network

I'm dutch and grew up with Napster, Twilight and Crazybytes CDs.. Which were CDs with lots of illegal warez.. Making me feel that Digital isn't worth much money.. I mean our legal alternatives were waaay too late to party when everyone already had high speed internet.. I blame my childhood pirating for making me feel that there is a difference in worth between physical and digital and making me buy physical..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

pbroy said:
Ewwww... You actually walk to your console to change games? Such a waste of stored fat for the winter.

Lol of course not, my console and games sit within arms length of me

xl-klaudkil said:
Johnw1104 said:
I like the idea of still playing them 5 minutes after Nintendo releases their new console and ends support for the previous one :D

whahah.

well maybe the nx wil last 10min?

You reckless optimist you!

I used to feel this way too. But I have realized that digital is the way to go for me. space saver, ease of access. The only drawback to digital is the cost.
It should be cheaper to purchase digital day one, since physical has the key advantage of reselling. I rarely ever resold a game but sometimes it was nice to trade with friends for awhile.
When digital games sell for $40 day one I will never buy another disc again.

Physical is the way to go for me. Digital might be nice in terms of convenience and saving on physical space, but nothing trumps actually owning the physical game itself.
I prefer this mainly because I don't trust certain parties to not yank games from the digital marketplace for whatever reason or have my games obsolete by the next console release.