By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why i buy Physical games.

I'd probably be more for Digital if it wasn't for EULA's and DRM. If a game is a service, like a free to play MMO with an account system, I seldom mind digital as I can download it again at almost any time. I also hate downloading and will avoid it whenever possible. I do hold to the argument that servers will go down and games, downloadable content, and patches won't be available after a certain point. Also I like being able to lend games and being able to sell my console WITHOUT worrying about my games being sold with them.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Physical for life!

1doesnotsimply

johnsobas said:
i don't understand why people are trying to decide for others. I prefer physical, some people don't. There are advantages to both, I would never buy digital but i get why some people might. People will choose for themselves which is better for them, there's nothing to argue about here.

I don't get it either.

Both formats can exist at the same time, and in fact do.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
johnsobas said:
i don't understand why people are trying to decide for others. I prefer physical, some people don't. There are advantages to both, I would never buy digital but i get why some people might. People will choose for themselves which is better for them, there's nothing to argue about here.

I don't get it either.

Both formats can exist at the same time, and in fact do.

Trye and thats why i hate we  a lot of times dont get a choice.

i would LOVE to spend 30 euro/dollar on a indie game physical.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

There are some games that just will not/are not going to have physical releases. If the game is good enough (rocket league, Sword Art Online) I will buy the digital only release.

If there is going to be a delayed physical release later, I do wait for that instead of buying the early digital release (99% of the time).

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

Physical all the way for me. I've only started buying digital music because of the portability it offers, I can't go around from town to town carrying an album with me, while I definitely have tons of songs in my phone. On top of that, Japanese albums are $30, digital is way cheaper.

Videogames and movies are physical for sure, only exception are when said games are not available in a physical format.

Both physical and digital have their own advantages and drawbacks and I can see the appeal for both. As for me it really depends on the situation, I don't dislike digital at all and in fact this gen I've come to embrace it more than ever (especially on my 3DS) but I mostly buy physical because it's usually cheaper.

The price is really the only reason I haven't gone full digital, that and sometimes I just like having the box :p

So what you're telling me is you won't buy Destinty because large portions of it are online only. But you bought eve online which is completely online only and charges you a monthly fee for the right to continue playing the game you purchased?

bowserthedog said:

So what you're telling me is you won't buy Destinty because large portions of it are online only. But you bought eve online which is completely online only and charges you a monthly fee for the right to continue playing the game you purchased?

who said that?  The second situation is like 10x worse.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I think the vast different in digital vs physical on PC vs consoles may also have to do with the quality of the digital retail services. I hardly ever buy console games digital (I hardly ever buy console games at all though, the last one was in October 2014) but buy all of my PC games digital.
On PC, it's just a hassle with physical copies and most stores also have a very poor selection of PC titles, they are also often priced ridiculously (I saw the Diablo II expansion, Lord of Destruction, for sale only a couple of years back, it cost around 25$, which is a disaster for a game more than a decade old).