By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega posts a net loss.... and they blame it on the economy.

Shame on you Sega, you deserve every bit of this loss.

Around the Network
kingdemise said:
They did not release Vanquish on PC or PS4/XBOXONE. No Bayonetta 1 too. Don't care about a port of JSRF. All those things are easy to make and really easy to sell. Hire a team of 20 dev and it's done. They bought atlus but Persona 4 Golden is still an exclusive to vita.

PORT YOUR DAMN GAMES if you want money. Their good, and many players want to play them without buying a full system for it. They clearly sleep on their good games.

I swear sometime most of japanese companies are ruled by stupid peoples who hate money but love to complain about it. Konami, Capcom and Sega all the same.

Sorry but porting games isn't going to help shit. Sega needs to sit their asses down and bring back old IPs and give Sonic a break.

lmao wow. Yeah the "economy"

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

well they are right, gambling takes a hugh it if people have less money to spare...

Mystro-Sama said:
kingdemise said:
They did not release Vanquish on PC or PS4/XBOXONE. No Bayonetta 1 too. Don't care about a port of JSRF. All those things are easy to make and really easy to sell. Hire a team of 20 dev and it's done. They bought atlus but Persona 4 Golden is still an exclusive to vita.

PORT YOUR DAMN GAMES if you want money. Their good, and many players want to play them without buying a full system for it. They clearly sleep on their good games.

I swear sometime most of japanese companies are ruled by stupid peoples who hate money but love to complain about it. Konami, Capcom and Sega all the same.

Sorry but porting games isn't going to help shit. Sega needs to sit their asses down and bring back old IPs and give Sonic a break.

How come ? Can't help ? Seriousely ? Ports are the stuff right now, hence why everybody is doing it, it helps funds new ips or follow up. They are easy to do and make a lot of money, it's a good business start for a project. And we all know Sega has a lot of very good titles port : 

One of the best tps : Vanquish.

One of the best Beat'em all : Bayo 1.

One of the best RPG : Persona 4.

Port them and take the money. It's an easy win and would help to produce other games. 

Around the Network
kingdemise said:

How come ? Can't help ? Seriousely ? Ports are the stuff right now, hence why everybody is doing it, it helps funds new ips or follow up. They are easy to do and make a lot of money, it's a good business start for a project. And we all know Sega has a lot of very good titles port : 

Port them and take the money. It's an easy win and would help to produce other games. 

What exactly would porting those three games accomplish? Quality and subjective preferences aside, all three barely made any money when they were originally released. They all sell to a very niche user base that I doubt would be willing to pay money again for a 5-6 year old games.

I blame global warming

A new Skies of Arcadia game will save Sega!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Burek said:
kingdemise said:

What exactly would porting those three games accomplish? Quality and subjective preferences aside, all three barely made any money when they were originally released. They all sell to a very niche user base that I doubt would be willing to pay money again for a 5-6 year old games.

My point exactly.

Ok... Work.