By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega posts a net loss.... and they blame it on the economy.

Someone please buy this company and give it a good cleaning. Someone's gotta excise the cancer of stupid before it becomes terminal. Nintendo would make the most sense given their extensive platformer list.

Around the Network

Sega is in big trouble. I wish Atlus gains leadership of the company from the inside, those guys really know how to make great games with smaller costs and still sell enough copies.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

spurgeonryan said:
At least they did not blame Nintendo. Thought their cartoon was doing well though?

One good cartoon won't save a company like Sega.

you know your game is bad when....

(people make a meme about how bad they are)

Ka-pi96 said:
Nuvendil said:
Someone please buy this company and give it a good cleaning. Someone's gotta excise the cancer of stupid before it becomes terminal. Nintendo would make the most sense given their extensive platformer list.

That's very unlikely to happen. Sega Sammy currently has a market cap of $3.33 billion. Any attempted takeover would have to pay the current share price to convince people to sell so you're probably talking $4 billion minimum. Some companies could technically afford that, but who's really going to want to spend that much money all at once, especially considering they just posted a loss.

Oh and I think a Nintendo takeover would make little sense since IMO their greatest strength right now, when it comes to games at least, is their PC studios.

The first part is the unfortunate reality.  They are too big to buy, too stupid to learn.

The latter is also true, funny enough.  In all honesty, it's mainly Sonic I wish someone would take off their hands.  Total War is doing OK and Alien Isolation was good.  But Sonic...I mean he's had it really freaking rough lately.  I'm sure there are other franchises they are sitting on but Sonic comes to mind as the most battered.

Around the Network

The original Sonic sold 15 million copies. Sonic Boom sold under 0.5 million.

Granted, there's a hardware element in there too. But it's still pretty grim.

So much for trying to build their brand back up..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
So much for trying to build their brand back up..

I actually agree with this.

They said they would listen more to consumers, and focus more on quality instead of quantity, hopeing to regain consumer trust.

Then they come out and blame their loss on the economy, it just looks bad.

They should release Sonic on PS4 since according to people, we buy crap because we are hungry for more games.

kurasakiichimaru said:
They should release Sonic on PS4 since according to people, we buy crap because we are hungry for more games.

Except most people are drowning in games on the ps4.

You know what system lacks games abit? the Wii U.

Time to make a Sanic game for the Wii U.

What could go wrong?