By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Controller This Gen?

Best One?

DualShock 4 369 53.71%

Xbox One 158 23.00%

Wii U Gamepad 133 19.36%

Uh bruh... the OUYA controller? 27 3.93%

Total:687

Xbox Elite controller

I've played a bit with both the DS4 and the XBO, but I've played the most with the Gamepad, and I just can't shake the feeling of holding a giant toy. It just doesn't work for me.

So
1. XBO controller/DS4
2. XBO controller/DS4
3. WiiU Gamepad

Around the Network

1. DS4, the controller is amazing, triggers, d-pad, touchpad, analog... all work for me, i would rate 10.0 for this controller, but the battery life... meh, the battery life isn't that good.

2. X1 controller, i alson like it, triggers, analog, all fine, but... i need to use a damn pack of rechargeable batteries, this is just inexcusable, and the d-pad still sucks, not as bad as 360 d-pad, but still no good, sucks hard at fighting games.

3. WiiU game pad, it's a bit heavy and it looks frail, like a toy that i will get smashed in my hands,... i don't like it.

>>>> WiiU pro-controller > never used it.

Intrinsic said:
Tell me your favorite controller and I'll tell you your primary platform of choice.

Thats basically how these threads go, its not fanboyism.., its just familiarity.

My favorite controller is Xbone, but my console of choice is a Wii U.

An your right its not fanboyism, just familiarity. I've only owned one Playstation console so I guess that's why I don't really like DualShock controllers whereas I've owned every XBOX console and I think their controllers are all great.

Dualshock 4

I havent tested the X1 controller nor the Wii Us Gamepad, but the Dualshock 4 is WAY better than the Dualshock 3, so im happy

Around the Network

Of this gen? DS4
Of all time? DS4

DS4

best controller ever, imo

I think this time around everyone has excellent controllers, but I've no real experience with the Xbox1 so I can't vote.

I'll just say that this is the first Playstation controller that I didn't hate (taking on more of an Xbox shape), I really do like the gamepad, and perhaps most unrated is the Wii U Pro Controller. The Wii U Pro feels wonderful in the hands (better than PS4's in my opinion), does feel slightly cheaper than the others, but has an outrageous battery life of something like 50 hours. I absolutely love it.

Dualshock 4 for me it's basically the perfect controller

Xbox One controller is the best ever made. I know the Elite is better but I have not tried it yet so I cant say it is until I do.