By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on Skyward Sword?

Tagged games:

mZuzek said:
Well as you said, this is clearly a divisive game indeed.

If I'm allowed to give some advice, ignore what most people are saying. Only I am right, because my opinion is absolute.

You're welcome.

Cannot really argue with that.

Around the Network

in terms of story, it is amazing. I loved it so much. and all the characters. Groose and Girahim are some of Zelda's best characters. The art style is nice.

Gameplay is absolutely terrible and flawed IMO. and it has too small of a world and they could have populated the sky a lot more. The soundtrack is also terrible for Zelda standards... Aside from Ballad of the Goddess, I cannot remember any other track, nor did I find them to have that "Zelda" sound to it.

All in all, it is a good game and worthy of a purchase. But I haven't replayed the full game since launch, I have only revisited bits and pieces because of the motion controls.

1doesnotsimply

The first Zelda game I ever hated. After a few months, I forced myself to go back and play it. Like always, it soon became "the best game, ever!"

I love it, now. Best story in the series, too.

Great game, worst 3D Zelda of all time.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Controls/story best of all the zeldas, great dungeons, only downside is visitng the same areas again and empty world with not a lot to do when exploring.

That's actually dissapointing, empty worlds in games always feel artificial. Games with a world that has things to do and explore are just always more immersive.

Around the Network
onionberry said:

I love the game, the first 5 hours are kinda like a tutorial but the game has the best storytelling of the franchise, interesting mechanics and a lot of gameplay value, haters gonna hate but trust me, the game is not bad like the internet says.

As a bonus, my favorite theme :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7supjjZZJA

Yah, I've definitely heard about the slow beginning but I found TP to have a slow beginning as well but I still enjoyed the game. So the slow beginning won't put me off completely :)

And that is a good track, I will definitely use this music on my next outdoor morning mediation!

Captain_Yuri said:
Worse console zelda I have played. Did not like the motion controls + stamina meter + lengthy ass handholding + Fi and a few more things.

That doesn't mean its a bad game, just didn't make me cover my wall with white stuff

This is actually completely unrelated but have you played Corpse Party? I feel like that game would be right up your alley.

A weak entry. Fi sucks, Groose is cool, the silent realms are great, overworld map sucks. An entry that seems more interested in trying to bring in new fans than satisfying old ones.

Not to say that it's a bad game, there are a number of things that I liked and I would certainly recommend people play it and see what they like and don't. As a Zelda game though, not that great.

Samus Aran said:

It's the shittiest Zelda game ever made. And yes, I'm including the Zelda CD-I games when I make that statement. At least those games were so bad that they were entertaining. Skyward Sword is just... bad.

Why am I saying this? For the following reasons...

- The artstyle is shit. Impressionist my ass...

Those trees look terrible but the actual character models don't look too bad.

I've seen better looking gamecube games. Case in point:

- The game's world feels artificial. Where are the gorons? Where are the Zora? Where are the towns or cities these races live in?

I'm assuming this game has a lack of NPCs and life throughout the areas. If that is indeed the case, then I am dissapoint :'(

- Shields that can break are stupid.

Wow, they can actually break? Even the Hylian shield? If that's the case, then that design is questionable.