By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I finally got a PS2...

TheRealMafoo said:
StarcraftManiac said:
SamuelRSmith said:
God of War
God of War 2
Jak and Daxter and the Precursor Legacy
Jak II: Renegade
Jak 3
Jak X
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank 2
Ratchet and Clank 3
Rathcet and Clank Deadlocked
Sly Racoon
Sly 2
Sly 3
Haven
Timesplitters 2
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Turok
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Resident Evil 4
Tekken 4
Tekken 5
Simpsons: Road Rage
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Dynasty Warriors 3
Dynasty Warriors 4
Chaos Legion
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Smuggler's Run
Bully
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Burnout
Burnout 2
Burnout 3
Burnout Revenge
Soul Calibur
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Tony Hawks Underground
Tony Hawks Underground 2
Tony Hawks American Wasteland

Include:

Ico.

Shadow of the Collosus.

Black.

SSX 3.

SSX: On Tour.

Soul Calibur II and III.

God Hand.

And MGS games, FF10, FF10-2, FF12. If I could only get one of those, it would be FF12.

You kidding me?!... Do you think FF12 is the BEST PS2 game around?!... I'd go for... Medal of Honor: Allied Assault!

No, lol... Eehrm, i'd take Shadow of the Collosus! 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
StarcraftManiac said:
SamuelRSmith said:
God of War
God of War 2
Jak 3
Jak X
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank 2
Ratchet and Clank 3
Rathcet and Clank Deadlocked
Sly Racoon
Sly 2
Sly 3
Haven
Timesplitters 2
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Turok
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Resident Evil 4
Tekken 4
Tekken 5
Simpsons: Road Rage
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Dynasty Warriors 3
Dynasty Warriors 4
Chaos Legion
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Smuggler's Run
Bully
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Burnout
Burnout 2
Burnout 3
Burnout Revenge
Soul Calibur
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Tony Hawks Underground
Tony Hawks Underground 2
Tony Hawks American Wasteland

Include:

Ico.

Shadow of the Collosus.

Black.

SSX 3.

SSX: On Tour.

Soul Calibur II and III.

God Hand.

And MGS games, FF10, FF10-2, FF12. If I could only get one of those, it would be FF12.

You kidding me?!... Do you think FF12 is the BEST PS2 game around?!... I'd go for... Medal of Honor: Allied Assault!

THE NETHERLANDS

Garcian's Annotated PS2 Must-Have List:

EXCLUSIVES

Devil May Cry 1 & 3: Very good beat 'em ups. Skip 2.
Dragon Quest VIII: If you like oldschool console dungeon-crawlers, this is the game for you.
God of War 1 & 2: Cinematic-style action games. Some of the best out there.
ICO: A short, Prince of Persia-style action/puzzle game, notable for its excellent use of atmosphere.
Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari: One of the best pick-up-and-play games I've ever played.
Metal Gear Solid 2: Over-the-top stealth action. Skip the codec conversations if you want.
Odin Sphere: A beautiful 2D beat 'em up with RPG elements. You'll either love it or hate it, but you need to give it a try.
Ratchet & Clank series: Fun shooter/platformers.
Shadow Hearts 1 & 2: RPGs with a fun battle system and a bizarre sense of humor. Skip From The New World.
Shin Megami Tensei series: The best RPGs for the system. There's five of them for the PS2, and all are worth playing, though Nocturne and Persona 3 most of all.
Sly Cooper series: Good platformers with some stealth thrown in.
Soul Reaver 2: Action game with a kick-ass story. Best played after playing the first two games in the series, so you understand what's going on.
Tales of the Abyss: Real-time-battle RPG that's also the best Tales game out there.

MULTIPLATFORM (Play these on other systems if you can, since the PS2 versions are usually graphically inferior)

Beyond Good & Evil: A great "Zelda-like" with stealth elements by the creator of Rayman.
Killer7: An artsy, post-modern rail shooter, odd as it sounds. One of my favorite games.
Legacy of Kain Defiance: The last game in the LoK series, so play the others beforehand.
Max Payne 1 & 2: Over-the-top third-person shooters with BULLET TIME.
Prince of Persia series: Action/puzzle games that are really hard to beat in quality.
Rayman 2 & 3: Amazing 3D platformers.
Second Sight: A supernatural shooter where your character has a lot of awesome powers; by Free Radical (the Timesplitters guys).
Silent Hill series: The best horror games out there.
The Suffering: A horror-shooter that's either first or third person, depending upon your preference. Skip the sequel.
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2: Old-school-style 2D beat 'em ups.
The Warriors: Brutal beat 'em up based off of the movie of the same name. By Rockstar (makers of GTA).

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

StarcraftManiac said:
TheRealMafoo said:
nd MGS games, FF10, FF10-2, FF12. If I could only get one of those, it would be FF12.

I meant of the ones I mentioned. I have no idea what PS2 game I would get if I could only have one. There are so many great ones. I know it would not be Shadow of the Collosus however. As good as that game is, it's a short ride. I would go with something that is no only great, but has a lot of replay value.

Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Guitar hero(any one will do)
final fantasy(X,X-2,XI,XII)
Devil may cry(1-3)
Lego Star wars
Jak(1-3)
ratchet(1-3)
Ico
Timesplitters 2
Killzone
....theres more im just lazy

Around the Network

GTA IV
MGS3
Rachet & Clank Deadlocked

Dude you are really,really really late to the party there are a lots and lots of must haves on the ps2 that is too hard to name them all but get:

GOW 2
shadow of the colossus
kingdom hearts I,II
FF X,XII
Grand Theft Auto III,Vice City,San Andreas
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Guitar hero I,II

Those are only a few of a lot of awesone ps2 games ,btw mod your ps2 .

Resisdent Evil 4, Max Payne 1 (the sequel wasn't great), Gran Turismo 4, Onimusha 2, Dynasty Warriors 4 (the best of the series), Grand Theft Auto 3. God of War II.

So many great titles...

SamuelRSmith said:

(just listing the games i owned/had extensive hands on time with and liked)

God of War
Jak 3
Jak X
Timesplitters 2
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Resident Evil 4
Grand Theft Auto III
Burnout 2
Burnout 3

+

Ico. - Shadow of the Collosus. - SSX 3. - maximo vs the army of zen - marvel vs capcom 2 - okami - viewtiful joe 1/2 - gradius V - the adventures of cookie and cream (a good co-op game to play with your gf) - smackdown 5 - nhl hitz 2003 - nba street 2 - contra: ss - twisted metal black - beyond good and evil - katamari damaci/we love karamari - klonoa 2 - mr mosquito (not "great," but a crazy/fun game)

(double post)

so, i'll add:

rayman 2