By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I finally got a PS2...

Check this link:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/price-is-right-for-playstation-2/1193624

Quote --->  about X360, MS made a BIG anti-piracy system, it is called 3RLs, or RRoD. I know a bunch of ppl afraid to open a X360 and void warrant because they will need it... 

Around the Network
FreeTalkLive said:
The PS2 is great- it costs around $50 used and most of the games are under $20.

It's actually more expensive than you think. We got ours new for $130 because used ones cost $100 if you want the slim model. The PS2 is still in demand, so prices are holding very well.

Thanks for the lists everyone. Games that I won't get include:

----------

Guitar Hero (We have III for the Wii)

RE4 (We have this for the 'cube and the Wii -- played through it a few times)

Max Payne 1/2 (I played through them both on my Windows box when they came out)

Soul Calibur 2 (have it for the cube)

SSX Tricky (have it for the cube, have Blur for the Wii)

----------

I'm going to look very closely at platformers for a while before buying.  We just finshed Super Mario Galaxy which set the bar extremely high for platforming games.  I think we're going to want to let that experience cool off for a while.

Everything else is something I'll look at more closely. So far, we're digging God of War, although the game options reset every time we play the game (we have to enable wide screen and surround each time).  GoW 2 is a definite buy.

Because our TV is very large, we have to sit too far away from it for the wired controller to work nicely. Right now, we're pulling the PS2 out of the entertainment center but if it gets pulled even further, it pulls on the Optical cable and the Ethernet cable -- I'd gladly pay $50 for a good wireless solution, preferably something that allows us to use first party PS2 controllers or is a first party PS2 controller.