By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Teases Nintendo's "Big" Holiday Game Will Be Revealed At E3

Most likely Starfox Wii

F-Zero is possible, but I don't know if they'd consider it a big title like this.

I don't know if Pilotwings has ever been big enough to warrant such praise either.

The Next Zelda for the Wii is still too far off yet.

----------

P.S. Its easier to say the PS3 has more quality games when it announces its games three years in advance and the Wii won't announce its until 6 months before release. Even if you could argue the PS3 has more quality titles, don't expect that to last. The PS3's AAA line up so far has been relatively mediocre anyway, you won't see serious quality games until GT5, MGS4 or FFXIII. Resistance was admitted by the Sony fandom to be a so-so game when it came out and they only clung to it as a savior later in lieu of nothing else to tide them over. Motorstorm is about as revolutionary as Excite Truck. LAIR was a bomb. Heavenly Sword was only five hours long and was something few wished to delve upon a month after its launch. Ratchet and Clank is a luke warm foot note that has come and gone. Uncharted is a great game, but it plays it so safe by copying other genres and formulas its really hard to consider it a unique game. To quote a great game reviewer, Uncharted pushes the envelope about as much as if you were to set an envelope in front of a Glacier. As far as I can tell Sony was trying to pre-empt RE5 in making a game where you shoot up minorities in an uncivilized setting.

Around the Network

yeah Starfox Wii made by factor 5 that sounds cool

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

No, screw Factor 5. Miyamoto needs to be involved in Starfox to steer the series back on track.

are you serious factor 5 could do some amazing things with Starfox Wii

Around the Network

Bump keep this thread alive

Factor 5 also could have made LAIR awesome, but they didn't.

Factor 5 makes great graphics and flight sims, but Starfox isn't really a flight sim so much as it is a shooter. It was Adventures' and Assault's departure from that shooter element that acted against the series. what Starfox needs is someone to bring it back to the focus of what initially was "Starfox". The series needs steered back on path before the thought of lending it out to another third party developer should ever be considered.

Rare and Namco's vision of Starfox hindered the series success on the Gamecube. And since Factor 5 isn't a second party developer (like Rare was at the time) or a major third party developer (like Namco is) I see no reason why Nintendo would lend out a first party title to a relatively small-time western third party developer. Last generation, Nintendo was desperate to earn the trust of major third party developers so major franchises like F-Zero were lent to Sega (F-Zero AX & GX), Zelda to Capcom (Link to the Past GBA & Minish Cap) and Starfox to Namco (Starfox: Assault).

Since rumor has it Factor 5 is involved in Kid Icarus and even then I have to question why they would be involved with any first party Nintendo franchise, I see no reason why they should be anticipated as anything more than an outlier possibility.

its a zelda wii game nintendo said that they delayed TP a year for a wii launch title and that was 3 years after WW so its been 2 years since TP so its gotta be another zelda

It's going to be Animal Crossing. It's the only thing that would make their pay-to-play make sense.

But they'll probably reveal more than one, so a new Zelda (maybe with DLC, like they said Twilight Princess would have) is possible. But don't expect Zelda to be the holiday game.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

its not Animal Crossing everyone already knows about that game