By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

I almost fucked myself over with that WAS change. Definitely won't be changing my pick unless there's a new injury.

Around the Network

First of all, let me congratulate my opponent on his victory. Zuvuyeay, I wish you good luck going forward, and wouldn't mind if you win the whole damn thing.

Been a fun year, you all. I'm out of here though. Not because of my loss here in this league, but because I'm a damn dirty Vikings fan peasant. I'm not going to say that my life is so sad that I need to be put on suicide watch or anything, but it does suck a bit at the moment, and constant reminders of yesterday aren't doing wonders for my mood and behavior. I probably won't watch any football until the Super Bowl, if that. So thanks everyone for making this a fun thread and an awesome league to take part in, and as the league leader in points from and silver medalist from two years ago, I look forward to getting back to my former glory next year.

I honestly feel your pain, dude. That has to be one of the biggest gut punches you can get in sports.

Could be worse, you could be a lowly, dirty, filthy Packers fan.

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Could be worse, you could be a lowly, dirty, filthy Packers fan.

It was a mistake, okay? It wasn't an intentional stunt to laugh at you. I am sorry, Noble.

My statement still stands. 

Around the Network

It's official: Rams and Chargers are going back to LA.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
It's official: Rams and Chargers are going back to LA.

Haven't seen any confirmation for the Chargers yet. But the Rams will return in 2019, or is that just the year a new stadium will be ready?

The latter. They'll likely both play at the USC stadium, although there's some clause that says only one pro team can play there at a time, so another venue may also be sought if necessary.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

The latter. They'll likely both play at the USC stadium, although there's some clause that says only one pro team can play there at a time, so another venue may also be sought if necessary.

You know what is the saddest part about the Rams moving to LA? Geography.

St. Louis in the NFC West, Dallas in the NFC East... that made sense.

Maybe the Raiders will get things back in the proper order, and move to Florida? Doesn't look like Oakland is a viable long term option...

Miguel_Zorro said:
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Maybe the Raiders will get things back in the proper order, and move to Florida? Doesn't look like Oakland is a viable long term option...

A team in Florida would be nice for a change.

If Florida ever gets a team, I think it would be most logical to put it in the AFC East.  Then they can build rivalries with other teams that are really nearby in New York State and Boston.

Even as a very young child, the Falcons being an NFC West team confused the heck out of me...

RolStoppable said:
I am looking forward to another week of road team wins. Let's have the 5th seeds of each conference host the championship games. It's not as unrealistic as you think:

1. The Broncos are starting Peyton Manning again.
2. The Chiefs lobotimized Tom Brady last year, they'll do it again.
3. The Packers offense is back and the Cardinals are going to be rusty after two bye weeks in a row.
4. The Panthers are a fad and will be surprised by a super performance of the Seahawks.

That would be pretty awesome!  I think that would be pretty fun to watch.... Of course, the only sure thing is the Seahawks destroying the panthers...