By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

Like I said, we aren't winning any games until Romo is back.

Around the Network

Which by then we'll be 2-7 so our season probably won't matter anymore.

Man so many close losses for Dallas in this stretch. And yet again they get screwed by the dipshit OT rules which HUGELY favor the team that wins the toss. When both defenses are winded at the end of a long battle to a tie game, it makes no sense to make it so lopsided with the toss determining the winner in most cases.

Proper OT should give both sides a possession. Example : Team A scores a TD on 1st possession of OT, then Team B must score a TD to keep it alive. Or, just play the quarter out with no timeouts.

Oh well. Great game overall.

RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:
Man so many close losses for Dallas in this stretch. And yet again they get screwed by the dipshit OT rules which HUGELY favor the team that wins the toss. When both defenses are winded at the end of a long battle to a tie game, it makes no sense to make it so lopsided with the toss determining the winner in most cases.

Proper OT should give both sides a possession. Example : Team A scores a TD on 1st possession of OT, then Team B must score a TD to keep it alive. Or, just play the quarter out with no timeouts.

Oh well. Great game overall.

Or better yet, no overtime at all. Let's have ties like in real football.

Nope to both, just adopt the college overtime no ties both teams would get the ball at least once and scoring would increase.  The two point conversion they took from the college game made the game better so would its overtime rule.

That's sort of what I said (in that both teams should definitely get a chance for possession at least once in OT, but either play a full quarter, or have to match points on drives that at least match what the other team just did).

While I like the college system even better, I wonder if it might be a problem with the NFLPA? I honestly don't know why the NFL has such a boned-up OT system.

Around the Network

I like the college way better as well. But the NFL seems slow on adopting rules to better the game, they just seem obsessed with pussyfying it than anything.

Gotta love Stephanie hah.

I knew I should have stuck with the 49ers.

Carl2291 said:
I knew I should have stuck with the 49ers.

Avy matches that comment. 

BUF-NYJ 1 DET-GB 2 DAL-TB 2 CAR-TEN 1
CHI-STL 2 NO-WAS 1 MIA-PHI 2 CLE-PIT 1
JAC-BAL 1 MIN-OAK 2 NE-NYG 1 KC-DEN 1(Im going bold)
ARI-SEA 1 BYE   BYE   HOU-CIN CIN by 42

My predictions and I don't think they will be close.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3